Personalization Panel: Change Desktop Wallpaper and Get Aero Glass Transparency in Windows 7 Starter and Home Basic Editions
Windows 7 Starter and Home Basic editions are pretty much restricted in customizing GUI. You can't have Aero theme, even you can't change Desktop wallpaper in Starter edition. In fact, you don't see "Personalize" menu in Desktop context menu to change theme, wallpaper, screen saver, sounds, etc.
"Personalization Panel" is a freeware for Windows 7 Starter and Home Basic editions which brings the Personalization panel of Windows 7 Ultimate edition to these low-end restricted editions.
It allows you to:
- Change Desktop wallpaper
- Theme support
- Aero glass support
- Desktop context menu integration
- Change window and Taskbar color
- Portable version also available
Its a must have program for Windows 7 Starter and Home Basic edition users.
UPDATE: A more advanced freeware is available which can permanently enable original Desktop personalization feature and Aero glass transparency in Windows 7 Home Basic and Starter editions. You can download it from following link:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Remove “Favorites” from Windows 7 Explorer Navigation Pane?
- [IE11 Review] List of Features That Have Been Removed or Added in Internet Explorer 11
- How to Disable Aero Shake Feature in Windows 7 and Later?
- [BUG] Windows Live Mail Compose Window Doesn’t Allow Entering Recipient Names
- Transform Windows 7 into Windows 8 Using “Windows 8 UX Pack 4.0”
- How to Disable Hot Corners (Charms Bar and App Switch List) in Windows 8.1?