RealWorld Paint: Free Image Editor and Alternative to Adobe Photoshop
UPDATE: "RealWorld Paint" was released in 2008 with the name "Paint.COM" and we were the first one to post about it. Now the software has been renamed to "RealWorld Paint" and a new version 2011.1 has been released.
RealWorld Paint is an excellent image editor developed by our friend "Vlasta Miler" which is light on resources and absolutely free to download. It can be used as an alternative to Adobe Photoshop.
RealWorld Paint can display images using any zoom factor and always shows 100% accurate preview of the drawn shape. Tooltips are displayed throughout the user interface to explain meaning of controls.
It can work with layers and assign effects to every layer. A layer can have for example a bevel effect active giving all shapes a 3D look and feel.
It has much hidden power under the hood and harbors features unexpected in a freeware image editor. Many of its drawing tools and image filters are able to do gamma-aware blending and color gradient interpolation, producing correct colors by default.
Beside the ability to use native plug-ins for virtually everything (filters, tool, fills, windows, codecs, storage), RealWorld Paint is also able to use the vast amount of plug-ins compatible with Adobe Photoshop.
It supports many of the things you may miss in Paint.NET like:
- layers with assigned effects
- gamma-aware blending
- sub-pixel accuracy
- smooth zoom-in
- compatibility with Photoshop plug-ins
- and much more
Now a new version 2011.1 has been released. This new version includes many significant changes and updates. The tool can now edit animations and it can export and import Photoshop, GIMP and Paint.net files. There are new tools and filters from RealWorld Photos.
- Animation editor with layers and zero-config GIF optimizer.
- Photo-related tools (red eye remover, clone tool, crop tool) from RW Photos.
- Command line interface for drawing tools.
- Image brush.
- Redesigned Online page with news and downloadable media.
- Automated updates.
- Many new photo-related image filters from RW Photos.
- Redesigned codec subsystem. Can import and export layered images in .psd, .xcf, and .pdn formats. Some layer styles from Photoshop files are imported and converted to RealWorld styles.
- Improved layer styles editor.
Its an excellent image editor. You can download it using following link:
Posted in: Software
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Add “Insert” Option in CD/DVD Drive Context Menu in Windows?
- Windows 10 November Update (Version 1511) Available for Download
- Create Simple Script to Show / Hide Checkbox to Select Items in Windows Vista and Later
- [Guide] How to Upgrade to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8, Windows 7, XP and Vista?
- How to Disable Animation in Tab Groups (Panorama) in Mozilla Firefox
- [Fix] Windows Live Messenger (WLM) Auto Starts While Opening Hotmail Website in Internet Explorer (IE)