[Solution] Options to Change Hidden Files and Folders Settings are not Available in Folder Options
As we all know we can change the settings to show / hide hidden files and folders from "Folder Options" which can be found under Tools menu in Windows XP or in Organize menu under Windows Vista and 7.
But sometimes you might find that the options to change the settings of hidden files and folders are not available in Folder Options. There may be following 4 cases:
- The whole Hidden Files and Folders tree is not visible.
- Only the heading Hidden files and folders is visible but it doesn't contain any option to choose from.
- Only Do not show hidden files and folders option is available.
- Only Show hidden files and folders option is available.
If you are also facing such problem, then download following ZIP file, extract it and then run the extracted .REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it and your problem will be solved:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Add More Speed Dials in Opera Web Browser?
- How to Customize the Places Bar in Common File Dialog Box in Microsoft Office Using Registry?
- Smart Defrag 2: Free Tool for Fast and Efficient Disk Defragmentation
- [Fix] “Your Windows 8.1 Install Couldn’t be Completed, Something Happened” Error Message
- CoolNovo (Formerly ChromePlus): New Advanced Web Browser Similar to Google Chrome
- Transform Windows XP into Windows 8 Using “Windows 8 M3 Starter Kit”