[Opera Tips] Disable Regular User Surveys and Rating Options to Improve Privacy
Opera is one of the most popular and widely used web browsers and many people prefer to use Opera due to its innovative features such as built-in VPN, currency converter, ad blocker, RSS newsreader, power saver mode, etc.
If you also use Opera web browser, you might have noticed that Opera shows user surveys and options to rate Opera at regular intervals. Actually Opera developer team wants to collect feedback from its users, that's why Opera web browser regularly brings surveys and rating options to users.
Although there should be no harm in providing feedback to development team but sometimes Opera users might get annoyed by these frequent surveys and rating windows. If you don't want to provide any feedback to Opera team, you might find these surveys irritating and useless.
Today in this article we are going to provide simple steps to disable these regular user surveys and rating options.
If you also want to turn off surveys and rating feature in Opera, following steps will help you:
1. Launch Opera web browser and open its hidden secret advanced configuration page using opera://flags command in addressbar as mentioned in following tutorial:
2. Now click inside "Search experiments" text box and type rate opera. It'll show following option in the result:
- Rate Opera
3. The option would be set to "Default (enabled)". Change value of this option to Disabled using the drop-down box.
4. Now again click inside "Search experiments" text box and type survey. It'll show following option in the result.
- User surveys
This option would also be set to "Default (enabled)". Change value of this option to Disabled using the drop-down box.
5. Opera will show you a message "Your changes will take effect the next time you relaunch Opera" along with a button to relaunch Opera. Click on the "Relaunch Now" button to restart Opera web browser.
That's it. Upon restart, Opera will never show surveys and rating options to you.
In future, if you want to re-enable these features, simply set these options value to "Default (enabled)" again.
Posted in: Opera
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Force Caps Lock, Num Lock and Scroll Lock Keys Behavior Using Windows Registry
- Personalization Panel: Change Desktop Wallpaper and Get Aero Glass Transparency in Windows 7 Starter and Home Basic Editions
- Download Popular “Angry Birds” and “Bad Piggies” Games for Windows PC
- How to Add Useful Shortcuts, Files and Folders in My Computer Window Using Hidden Network Shortcuts Trick
- How to Remove Default Search Box from Internet Explorer Toolbar?
- [Guide] How to Create Unattended Installer of Adobe Photoshop?