[Opera Tip] Disable New “Basic” or “Simple” Settings Page
Opera team has added a new section called "Basic" in the Settings page of Opera web browser which contains collection of some frequently used options. Actually Opera team collected suggestions and anonymous usage statistics from users and put the most suggested and frequently-changed options on this new "Basic" tab of Settings page.
But if you don't change those options frequently, the new "Basic" tab might become useless for you as the same options are also present in other sections of Settings page so basically the new "Basic" section contains duplicate options which are also present in other sections.
So if you want to remove the new "Basic" tab from Opera Settings page, you can check following simple steps:
1. Launch Opera and open the hidden secret advanced configuration page using opera://flags command in addressbar as mentioned in following tutorial:
2. Now click inside "Search experiments" text box and type simple. It'll show following option in the result:
- Simple settings page
The option would be set to "Default (enabled)".
4. Change the value of the option to Disabled using the drop-down box.
5. Opera will show you a message "Your changes will take effect the next time you relaunch Opera" along with a button to relaunch Opera. Click on the "Relaunch Now" button to restart Opera web browser.
That's it. Upon restart, the "Basic" tab will be removed from Settings page.
In future, if you want to re-enable the "Basic" section in Settings, simply set the option value to "Default (enabled)" again.
- [Opera Tip] Disable Mute Tabs Feature on Websites
- [Opera Tip] Disable Automatic Detection and Removal of Duplicate Bookmarks
Posted in: Opera
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Fix] “Input Indicator” Icon Comes Back in Taskbar Notification Area After Restarting Windows
- Change Yahoo! Messenger Default Status Messages With Your Own Customized Messages Using Resource Hacker
- TweakUAC: Freeware to Turn User Account Control (UAC) On or Off in Windows Vista
- [Review] Microsoft Edge (or Spartan) Web Browser in Windows 10
- Best AskVG Articles of 2013
- ESET SysInspector: Free Registry and Process Monitoring Tool for Windows