[Opera Tip] Disable Mute Tabs Feature on Websites
Opera team has added a very useful feature "Mute Tabs" in the new version of Opera web browser which allows you to directly mute the sound coming from a particular website by clicking on volume icon present on the tab. For example, if you are visiting a website and an ad or a media file is playing sound on that website, you can hover the mouse cursor over that tab and you'll get a volume icon on the tab. Click on that volume icon and it'll immediately mute the sound coming from that website.
If you right-click on a tab, you also get an option to mute other tabs which might become very useful if you have opened multiple tabs containing videos and you just want to watch and listen a particular video only. In such case you can click on "Mute Other Tabs" option in tabs context menu and all other tabs will become mute.
For some reasons if you want to disable this new "Mute Tabs" feature, you can follow these simple steps:
1. Launch Opera and open the hidden secret advanced configuration page using opera://flags command in addressbar as mentioned in following tutorial:
2. Now click inside "Search experiments" text box and type mute. It'll show following option in the result:
- Mute Tabs
The option would be set to "Default (enabled)".
4. Change the value of the option to Disabled using the drop-down box.
5. Opera will show you a message "Your changes will take effect the next time you relaunch Opera" along with a button to relaunch Opera. Click on the "Relaunch Now" button to restart Opera web browser.
That's it. Upon restart, the mute tabs feature will be disabled and Opera will no longer show volume icon to mute tabs in tab bar.
In future, if you want to re-enable this new feature, simply set the option value to "Default (enabled)" again.
- [Opera Tip] Disable Automatic Detection and Removal of Duplicate Bookmarks
- [Opera Tip] Disable New "Basic" or "Simple" Settings Page
Posted in: Opera
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Enable Tools -> Folder Options and Registry Editor in Windows
- Microsoft Announces Windows 10 Creators Update (Redstone 2)
- Backup and Restore Mozilla Firefox Extensions, Themes, Bookmarks, Preferences, Passwords, Cookies, etc Using FEBE
- How to Set Your Desired Wallpaper as Folder Background in Windows Vista?
- How to Disable “Libraries” Feature in Windows 7?
- [Guide] How to Take Ownership (Permission) of a File or Folder Manually in Windows?