[Opera Tip] Disable Automatic Detection and Removal of Duplicate Bookmarks
With the release of new Opera web browser version, Opera team has added a new feature to Opera which now automatically detects and removes duplicate bookmarks if created while syncing bookmarks between different devices.
Although this new feature might become quite useful in managing bookmarks but sometimes it may also become annoying for some users if they want to keep some duplicate bookmarks for some reasons but Opera regularly removes the duplicate bookmarks.
In such situations, disabling this new feature will be the best solution and that's why today in this tutorial, we are going to tell you how to disable this new feature and prevent Opera from automatically detecting and removing duplicate bookmarks without your permission.
If you also want to turn off automatic detection and removal of duplicate bookmarks in Opera bookmark manager, check out following simple steps:
1. Launch Opera and open the hidden secret advanced configuration page using opera://flags command in addressbar as mentioned in following tutorial:
2. Now click inside "Search experiments" text box and type bookmarks. It'll show a few options in the result.
3. Look for following 2 options:
- Detect duplicate bookmarks
- Remove duplicate bookmarks
Both options would be set to "Default (enabled)".
4. Change value of both options to Disabled using the drop-down box.
5. Opera will show you a message "Your changes will take effect the next time you relaunch Opera" along with a button to relaunch Opera. Click on the "Relaunch Now" button to restart Opera web browser.
That's it. Upon restart, the automatic detection and removal of duplicate bookmarks feature will be disabled and Opera will no longer remove duplicate bookmarks.
In future, if you want to re-enable this new feature, simply set both options value to "Default (enabled)" again.
- [Opera Tip] Disable Mute Tabs Feature on Websites
- [Opera Tip] Disable New "Basic" or "Simple" Settings Page
Posted in: Opera
Other similar articles that may interest you
- List of Best Free Partition Manager Software for Windows
- Download Windows Media Center, Silverlight, SQL Server and Desktop Player Wallpapers from Microsoft
- Taskbaric: Get Windows 7 Iconized Taskbar Buttons in Windows XP and Vista
- How to Add “Insert” Option in CD/DVD Drive Context Menu in Windows?
- Don’t Get Fooled by Generic Windows XP Product Keys from Microsoft
- [Fix] Windows Live Messenger (WLM) Auto Starts While Opening Hotmail Website in Internet Explorer (IE)