OpenOffice.org: Free and Portable Alternative to Microsoft Office
Almost all of us use Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint regularly in our computers but its not free and one needs to purchase the suite. If you don't want to purchase Microsoft Office suite and are looking for a free alternative to it, here is something interesting for you.
OpenOffice.org is one of the best free and open-source office suite which is widely used by people as an alternative to Microsoft Office.
It can be used for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, graphics, databases and much more. It is compatible with almost all other major office suites.
OpenOffice.org is absolutely free to download, use, and distribute. It provides almost all essential features of an Office suite so you'll never miss Microsoft Office if you install OpenOffice.org suite.
It comes with following applications:
- Writer – a word processor you can use for anything from writing a quick letter to producing an entire book.
- Calc – a powerful spreadsheet with all the tools you need to calculate, analyze, and present your data in numerical reports or sizzling graphics.
- Impress – the fastest, most powerful way to create effective multimedia presentations.
- Draw – lets you produce everything from simple diagrams to dynamic 3D illustrations.
- Base – lets you manipulate databases seamlessly. Create and modify tables, forms, queries, and reports, all from within OpenOffice.org
- Math – lets you create mathematical equations with a graphic user interface or by directly typing your formulas into the equation editor.
You can download it using following link:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Download Movies Subtitles Automatically Using Media Player Classic?
- Get Windows 7 “Show Desktop” Taskbar Icon in Windows XP and Windows Vista
- How to Create Portable Version of “RocketDock” for USB Drives?
- Customize New Tab Page in Mozilla Firefox, Change Background Image and Number of Rows and Columns of Tiles
- Get Google Chrome Text Field Resizing Feature in Mozilla Firefox
- How to Get Windows 8 Metro Style Start Menu (Charms Bar) with Clock in Windows 7?