Open in Regedit: Open Registry Keys Directly from Mozilla Firefox
UPDATE: Our reader "j_veen" has modified the add-on and now it supports all Firefox versions. You can download it using this link.
We here at AskVG post lots of tutorials which involve Windows registry editing. We mention the registry key and you need to open Registry Editor and go to that particular key.
Wouldn't it be great if you can open the registry key directly from Firefox window without any need to manually open it in Registry editor?
Today we are going to share an excellent add-on for Mozilla Firefox which adds a context menu option "Open in Regedit". Just select the option and the registry key will be opened in Registry editor automatically.
"Open in RegEdit" is an add-on for Mozilla Firefox which helps in opening Registry keys directly from a webpage. Simply highlight the registry key, right-click on it and select "Open in Regedit" option.
It'll open the highlighted registry key into Registry editor.
You can download and install the add-on using following link:
But there is a problem, the add-on has been developed to work only in Firefox 2.0 - 3.6. If you are using Firefox 4.0 or later, you might be out of luck. But try to click on "Add to Firefox" button and then click on "Install Anyway". It should install the add-on. Thanks to our reader "a" for this trick.
You can also use following tutorial to install the add-on in newer versions of Firefox:
Posted in: Mozilla Firefox
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Free Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool from Microsoft
- How to Reset Airtel Digital TV (ADTV), Tata Sky DTH and Videocon D2H Universal Remote to Factory Settings?
- Smart Folders: Freeware to Get iOS and Android Style Folder Creation Functionality in Windows
- How to Disable Aero Glass Transparency in Mozilla Thunderbird Window?
- TaskDock: Center All Taskbar (Superbar) Buttons in Windows 7
- Get “Windows Media Center Pack” for Windows 8 Free