Mozilla has released theme mockups for Firefox 4.0 version.
- Save Vertical Space
- Efficiency/Remove Visual Complexity - Right now the tabs have to be connected to something. So we are adding an extra visual element for them to connect to.
- Shorter Mouse Distance to Page Controls
- Breaks Consistency/Familiarity - Moving things confuses existing users.
- Title is MIA - With the space removed from the titlebar you only get the truncated version in the tab.
- Longer Mouse Distance to Tabs - Takes longer to mouse to a tab.
- Lost Space - Sandwiched in between the application icon and the window widgets you lose some space.
The proposed iconography is mostly colorless. Adding color to these temporary action driven buttons will make it more obvious something is going on.
Remember! These are NOT FINAL! THEY ARE ONLY FOR BRAINSTORMING/EXPLORATION!