Mozilla Releases Add-on Recovery Tool for Firefox 7.0 to Recover Hidden Add-ons
UPDATE: New version of Firefox has been released which automatically fixes the issue so no extra add-on is required.
Many Firefox users are facing a weird issue after updating their web browser to recently released 7.0 version. All or some of their installed add-ons disappeared after updating to Firefox 7.0 version.
Mozilla has acknowledged this bug and released an add-on to fix the issue. According to Mozilla, these hidden add-ons and user data are still intact and haven't actually been removed. Mozilla paused new updates to Firefox to minimize the potential impact on users and will soon release an update to fix this issue and ensure all your add-ons are visible and usable.
If you are also facing this problem and don't want to wait for the new updated version, here is a working solution for you:
Simply download the official "Add-on Recovery Tool" released by Mozilla which will recover the hidden add-ons.
After installation, you'll need to restart Firefox to complete the recovery process. Once Firefox restarts, you'll get your add-ons back.
Posted in: Mozilla Firefox
Other similar articles that may interest you
- New “Angry Birds Star Wars” Game Available for Download
- 15 Tips-n-Tricks to Tweak and Customize Mozilla Firefox Web Browser
- Download Microsoft OneNote 2013 Full Version for Free
- [Did You Know] Ultimate List of Windows Vista Facts, Bugs and Goof-ups
- [Software Update] Mozilla Firefox 47.0 Now Available for Download