Mozilla Releases Add-on Recovery Tool for Firefox 7.0 to Recover Hidden Add-ons
UPDATE: New version of Firefox has been released which automatically fixes the issue so no extra add-on is required.
Many Firefox users are facing a weird issue after updating their web browser to recently released 7.0 version. All or some of their installed add-ons disappeared after updating to Firefox 7.0 version.
Mozilla has acknowledged this bug and released an add-on to fix the issue. According to Mozilla, these hidden add-ons and user data are still intact and haven't actually been removed. Mozilla paused new updates to Firefox to minimize the potential impact on users and will soon release an update to fix this issue and ensure all your add-ons are visible and usable.
If you are also facing this problem and don't want to wait for the new updated version, here is a working solution for you:
Simply download the official "Add-on Recovery Tool" released by Mozilla which will recover the hidden add-ons.
After installation, you'll need to restart Firefox to complete the recovery process. Once Firefox restarts, you'll get your add-ons back.
Posted in: Mozilla Firefox
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Add “Power Options” Cascading Menu in Windows 7 and Later Desktop Context Menu
- Download Windows 8 Concept Login Screen “Gloosh” for Windows 7
- How to Get Classic XP Style Network Activity Indicator Back in Windows 7?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 Available for Download
- [Virus Removal] Is Your Computer Infected with Virus, Spyware or Other Malware?
- How to Get Classic XP Style Navigation Pane Back in Windows 7 Explorer?