UPDATE: Works in Windows XP and Vista as well. Thanks Swapnil...
We know that Windows 8 comes with new Start Screen which shows live tiles on Windows Desktop:
We shared "Omnimo" Rainmeter skin suite which brings a similar interface to Windows:
Today we are going to share another free software which puts live tiles on your Desktop.
"Mosaic" (previously known as Metro Home 2) is a free utility that brings Windows 8 style Live tiles with Metro UI on Windows 7 Desktop. Its a set of live widgets which shows various useful content like weather, clock from the web on your Desktop.
Mosaic supports WPF and HTML widgets. Currently HTML widgets has some restrictions: they are visible only in fullscreen mode, there are some problems with input.
Also some widgets are just link to something (e.g. video or desktop or control panel) but in future they could get more functions.
Remember that Mosaic is in alpha stage atm.
You can download it using following link:
You'll need Microsoft .NET framework 4.0 in your system which can be found here.
Some Tips for Using Mosaic:
- To open Mosaic menu move mouse cursor to the right border of screen and click. This could not work if your Taskbar placed on the right or left or you have more than one monitor.
- To add widgets open Mosaic menu click on the Widgets... icon and choose widget
- To remove widget click on widget icon in Widgets menu again
- By default widgets are shown over your windows and can be covered by them. There is fullscreen mode in the Mosaic options which makes Mosaic to cover whole screen
- If your widgets covered by windows just click on the right border of screen and they will quickly bring to front
- Some widgets has options which can be accessed through context menu
- If widgets animation annoys you, you can disable it in Mosaic options
- "Me" widget shows your avatar from Windows. You can change it by dragging any picture to it
- Pictures widget shows images from Pictures library in Windows 7
Thanks to our friend "Nirmal" for sharing it...
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Everything You Need to Know About Windows 8.1 Update 1
- [Guide] How to Slipstream Service Packs into Microsoft Office Setup?
- [Review] Comparison Between Airtel Digital TV (ADTV) and Tata Sky DTH Services in India
- [Direct Download Links] Genuine Windows 7 RTM with SP1 ISO (32-bit and 64-bit)
- How to Remove An Item from RUN Dialog Box History / MRU List in Windows?
- Download “Windows Vista” Theme for Sony Ericsson k700, w810 & Other Mobile Phones