Microsoft Shows First Preview Video of Windows 8.1
We told you recently that Microsoft is working on an update for Windows 8 OS which will be called "Windows 8.1" and will come in market at the end of this year. But a free public preview version of Windows 8.1 will be released to public on June 26, 2013 i.e. later this month.
Windows 8.1 will fix all Windows 8 annoyances and will try to make Windows 8 a perfect OS for Desktops as well as Tablets. In other words, Windows 8.1 would be an OS which Windows 8 should have been.
Windows 8.1 will come with lots of advanced customization options to personalize Start Screen, Lock Screen, etc. It'll also provide many new touch gestures for touch enabled devices to make user experience better and easier. Windows 8.1. will also come with good old Start button which was missing in Windows 8. One more thing to mention! Windows 8.1 will also allow users to boot directly to Desktop or any other desired screen.
We have shared many such interesting details about Windows 8.1 in out exclusive Windows 8.1 section. Interested people can visit following topics to read more about these cool features:
- What's New in Microsoft's Upcoming OS Windows 8.1 "Blue"?
- Windows Blue will be Called Windows 8.1 and will be a Free Update to Windows 8
- Everything You Want to Know About Windows 8.1 Codenamed Blue
Today Microsoft has released a preview video of Windows 8.1 which shows various new customization features introduced in Windows 8.1 such as Start Screen personalization settings, Lock Screen background slideshow feature, different tile sizes, new options to manage tiles on Start Screen, etc.
You can watch Windows 8.1 live in action in following official video shared by Microsoft:
Posted in: Windows 8 / 8.1
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Guide] What does IA64 or Itanium-Based System Mean? Is It Different from x64 (64-Bit)?
- Download Winamp 2 Classic Skin for VLC Media Player
- [Guide] Best Privacy Settings for Windows 10
- SliderDock: Another Cool Dock for Windows
- Registry Tweak to Add “Copy as Path” Option in Files and Folders Context Menu in Windows
- How to Show Tabs Always in Titlebar When Mozilla Firefox is not Maximized?