While we all are eagerly waiting for the public release of Windows 8 Release Preview (RC build), Microsoft has released Release Candidate build of its upcoming Server OS i.e. "Windows Server 2012" (previously known as Windows Server 8).
According to Microsoft, this next release of Windows Server, Windows Server 2012, offers businesses and hosting providers a scalable, dynamic, and multitenant-aware, cloud-optimized infrastructure. It securely connects across premises and allows IT Professionals to respond to business needs faster and more efficiently.
- Takes you beyond virtualization
- Delivers the power of many servers with the simplicity of one
- Opens the door to every app on any cloud
- Enables the modern work style
Windows Server 2012 is the broadest, most scalable and elastic platform for web and applications. Its consistent, open set of tools and frameworks give developers the flexibility to build and deploy applications on-premises, in the cloud, and in a hybrid environment. Windows Server 2012 will empower you to deliver:
- Flexibility to build on-premises and in the cloud: Developers can use the same languages and tools to build on-premises and cloud applications, allowing them to build applications that use distributed and temporally decoupled components.
- An open web platform: Windows Server 2012, combined with Internet Information Services (IIS), offers a solid platform for both open-source web stacks and ASP.NET, opening up a wide range of choices for application development.
- A scalable and elastic web platform: Hosting providers can use new features in Windows Server 2012 to increase density, simplify management, and achieve higher scalability in a shared web-hosting environment.
Minimum System Requirements:
- 1.4 GHz 64-bit processor
- 512 MB RAM
- 32 GB Available Disk Space
- DVD drive
- Super VGA (800x600) or higher-resolution monitor
Note: 32 GB should be considered an absolute minimum value for successful installation. Computers with more than 16 GB of RAM will require more disk space for paging, hibernation, and dump files.
Also note that upgrades to Windows Server 2012 from Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 are supported. You will not be able to upgrade to subsequent releases from this release.
Windows Server 2012 ISO is available in Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish, Swedish, and Turkish languages. Only 64-bit edition is available as usual.
You can download it using any of following links: