Oxps is a new file format introduced in Windows 8. Its the default XPS document format in Windows 8 which is created when you try to print to a Microsoft XPS Document Writer (MXDW) printer on a Windows 8 computer.
But the problem occurs when you try to open the .oxps file in Windows 7 or Server 2008 R2. Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 do not support the .oxps format. These Windows versions only support .xps file format.
So if you can't open .oxps file in Windows 7 or Server 2008 R2 computer, don't worry. Microsoft has released an official OXPS ot XPS converter which can automatically convert .oxps files into .xps files and then you'll be able to open .xps file in XPS Viewer.
You can download the converter using following links:
After installing the converter tool, simply follow these simple steps:
- Open the converter and convert the .oxps file into .xps file
- Launch XPS Viewer to open the new .xps file
You must be using Service Pack 1 (SP1) in Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 to be able to use this converter.
NOTE: The above mentioned links require genuine Windows validation check. Following are direct download links for the same converter:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Tuneup Utilities: A Complete Windows Tweaking and Customization Software
- WinGuggle: Get Your Windows and Office Product Keys Easily and Quickly
- Download 10 Unofficial Windows 8 Wallpapers for Your Desktop
- Microsoft Announced Windows 7 SKU Details
- How to Create Backup Image of Bootable USB Drives?
- iCalcy: Download iPhone Look-Like Calculator for Windows