"The Garage" is a Microsoft project which is a company wide program that encourages grass roots invention, tinkering, ideas and incubation of projects. In The Garage,employees get together after hours to build whatever they dream up and the results are often impressive.
99.9% of the Garage projects either ship as part of a Microsoft project or remain internal, but every once in a while there's a project that doesn't fit into any existing Microsoft product which will get a lot of request from employees who want to be able to share it with their friends and families.
Same thing goes with "Mouse Without Borders" tool which allows you to reach across your PC's as if they were part of one single desktop. Suppose you have two PCs connected to 3 LCD screens. Using "Mouse Without Borders" you can move your mouse between the 3 screens. What's more, you can move files between the 2 computers simply by dragging them from one desktop to another.
You can control up to four computers from a single mouse and keyboard with no extra hardware needed. It's all software magic, developed by Truong Do who by day is a developed for Microsoft Dynamics.
The software is easy to setup and in addition to enabling drag and drop of files, you can lock or log in to all PCs from one PC, and as a whimsical bonus is it allows you to customize your Windows logon screen with the daily image from Bing or a local collection of pictures.
Following is a video that explains and shows Mouse Without Borders in action:
You can download it using following link:
Thanks to our reader "Vikram" for sharing it...
Other similar articles that may interest you
- ViPad: Free Application Launcher and Complete Windows Desktop Replacement
- Microsoft Fixit Center Online: Automatic Troubleshoot Windows Problems
- How to Set Restrictions in Mozilla Firefox? Restrict Downloads, Adding Bookmarks, Add-ons, Changing Options, etc
- Download Windows 8.1 Free Preview
- Get Windows 8 Metro Style Start Screen in Windows XP, Vista and 7 Using Newgen
- Customize Windows Vista and 7 Media Center Using Media Center Studio