Microsoft Re-brands “Windows Live One Care Safety Scanner” to “Microsoft Safety Scanner”
We have posted about "Windows Live One Care Safety Scanner" in our following article:
Now Microsoft has renamed it to "Microsoft Safety Scanner".
According to Microsoft, the Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.
Note: The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded. To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner again.
The Microsoft Safety Scanner is not a replacement for using an antivirus software program that provides ongoing protection.
You can download it using following link:
Posted in: Software
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Google Adds New Minimal Theme to Gmail, How to Instructions Inside
- How to Remove “Branding Logo” and “Ease of Access” (Accessibility) Button from Windows Vista and 7 Login Screens?
- Add-on to Automatically Save and Recover Lost Form Data in Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari
- Fix Restart and Shutdown Problems in Windows 8 and Later by Disabling “Hybrid Shutdown” Feature
- [Tip] Create Portable Version of Opera Browser and Opera Mail for USB Drives
- Create Shortcut to Kill All Not Responding Programs on the Fly in Windows