Fix Windows 7 Restart Problems Using Free Bootable Recovery Disk
Recently Microsoft released a security update KB2823324 for Windows 7 users to fix some issues found in Windows file system kernel-mode driver (ntfs.sys). Unfortunately this security update caused a big problem for many Windows 7 users. Lots of users who installed this update and restarted their computer system, couldn't boot again in Windows. Users started receiving random error messages at startup such as:
- The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please run the Chkdsk utility.
- The Session Manager Initialization system process terminated unexpectedly. The system has shutdown.
- Windows failed to start. A Recent hardware or software change might be the cause.
- The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.
- File system is corrupt, Windows failed to restart, etc.
Also if the user was using Kaspersky antivirus in Windows 7, it stopped functioning with the error message "Your license is not valid".
Microsoft acknowledged the problem and immediately removed the download links of the update and also provided recovery steps to fix the restart problems in those Windows 7 computers. These recovery steps require you to access System Recovery Options using F8 keys or Windows 7 setup disc which is not an easy task for normal users.
To make the task easier, Microsoft is now providing a free recovery disk image to Windows 7 users who are facing this restart problem. This recovery disk is available in an ISO image format. You just need to download the ISO image file and then you can create a bootable DVD or USB drive using any freeware mentioned here. After that you'll need to boot your computer system using this recovery disk and it should automatically fix the problem.
Please remember that:
- This recovery disk will not run on old hardware (pre 2004) that does not support NX.
- This will only run on Windows 7 32-bit installations.
- It will not work if Bitlocker is enabled.
Interested people can download the recovery disk using following link:
The ISO image size is 220.5 MB and can be used in Windows 7 32-bit with or without Service Pack 1 (SP1).
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Free Windows 8 Metro Theme for WinRAR Archiver
- How to Hide / Show Specific Control Panel Applets / Icons in Windows?
- WinLaunch: Download Mac OS X Lion “Launchpad” for Windows Vista and 7
- Waterfox: Download 64-bit Version of Mozilla Firefox for Windows Vista and 7
- CCEnhancer: Add Support for 500+ New Programs in CCleaner List
- How to Enable or Install Windows Media Center in Windows 8?