Download Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 File Formats
If you are an Office 2000, Office XP or Office 2003 user, you must be having problems in opening files created using Office 2007. Actually Office 2007 uses a new file format which can't be recognized by earlier Office versions.
You can solve this problem by installing Compatibility Pack released by Microsoft.
After installing Microsoft Office compatibility pack, you will be able to open, edit, and save files using the file formats new to Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 in previous Office versions.
According to Microsoft, you should install this compatibility pack if you would like to open, edit, and save documents, workbooks, and presentations that were created in the newer versions of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
The Compatibility Pack can also be used in Microsoft Office Word Viewer 2003, Excel Viewer 2003, and PowerPoint Viewer 2003 to view files saved in these new formats.
The Compatibility Pack has been updated to include Service Pack 2 (SP2). Additionally, with the updated Compatibility Pack, if .DOCX or .DOCM files contain custom XML tags, those tags are removed when the file is opened in Word 2003.
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 2000 Service Pack 4
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP Service Pack 1, Service Pack 2, Service Pack 3
- Windows 7
- Windows Server 2008
You can download it using following link:
Posted in: Microsoft Office
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Internet Explorer Collection: Run Multiple IE Versions Simultaneously
- [Fix] Links from Yahoo! Messenger, FDM and avast! Open in IE Even If Firefox is Default Browser
- [Fix] Can’t Open Bing, MSN, Outlook or Other Microsoft Websites in Windows 10
- [Tip] Tweak and Customize Windows 8 Task Manager Functionality
- [Tip] Create Portable Version of eM Client for USB Drives
- Everything You Need to Know About Windows 8.1 Update 1