Download Microsoft Office 2013 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Good news for Office 2013 users. Microsoft has released the first Service Pack "SP1" for Office 2013 suite.
SP1 for Office 2013 comes with new updates to improve security, performance and stability of Office 2013 programs. This service pack already contains all previously released updates for Office 2013 suite.
List of improvements by SP1 that are worth to mention:
- Compatibility improvement with Windows 8.1.
- Compatibility improvement with Internet Explorer 11.
- Compatibility improvement with modern hardware such as high DPI devices and precision touchpad.
- Provides new apps for Office capabilities and APIs for third-party developers.
- Provides support for task pane apps in Outlook 2013.
- Provides ability to insert and use content apps in PowerPoint 2013 slides.
- Improves Click-to-Run virtualization technology that is used to install and update Office 365 desktop applications.
- SkyDrive Pro has been renamed to OneDrive for Business.
SP1 for Office 2013 is available for both 32-bit (x86) as well as 64-bit (x64) editions of Office suite. SP1 is also available for Microsoft Project 2013, Visio 2013 and SharePoint Designer 2013 programs.
Office 2013 Service Pack 1 is already available on Windows Update. If you want to download its standalone offline installer, you can download it using following links:
Office 2013 SP1 can be installed in Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 operating systems.
After installing SP1, the Office 2013 version will be changed to 15.0.4569.1506 or higher.
We hope that Microsoft fixed following annoying issue in Service Pack 1:
Posted in: Microsoft Office
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Fix] “View” Tab is Missing in “Folder Options” Dialog Box in Windows
- How to Enable New “Side Tabs” Feature in Google Chrome? Show Tabs in Left Sidebar
- Hidden Secret Service Menu Codes for Sony, Samsung, LG and Philips TV
- Do You Need to Worry About Privacy in Windows 10? Answer is NO
- Put Aero Glass Effect in Command Prompt in Windows Vista and 7
- Download Free Media Player with Full Aero Glass (Transparency) for Windows Vista and 7