Download Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 2 (SP2)
A few months back we told you about public beta release of Service Pack 2 (SP2) for Microsoft Office 2010 version. The beta version of SP2 was released for Office 2010 and SharePoint 2010 programs.
Now the good news is that Microsoft has released the final version of Office 2010 Service Pack 2 to public. This service pack is available for Office 2010, SharePoint 2010, Project 2010, Visio 2010 and a few other Office programs.
Both 32-bit (x86) and 64-bit (x64) editions of Service Pack 2 are available for download. Currently SP2 can be downloaded from Microsoft Download Center and Microsoft Update as a manual download only. But after 90 days, it'll be also available as an automatic update through Windows Update. People who installed Office 2010 using the new Click-to-Run technology, will be able to install SP2 in the beginning of August.
Service Pack 2 improves the compatibility of Microsoft Office 2010 and SharePoint 2010 programs with Windows 8, Internet Explorer 10, Office 2013 and SharePoint 2013 programs. It also improves security, stability and performance of Office 2010 products.
SP2 contains many unreleased fixes along with all Office Updates that have been released since Service Pack 1 release.
Following are a few important fixes offered by Office 2010 SP2 which are worth to mention:
- Fixes the issue regarding the message size of certain long email messages in Outlook
- Fixes an issue that occurs when you perform a spell check before you send an email message in Outlook
- Fixes issues regarding bookmarks, fields, track changes, templates, tables, object wrapping, autocorrect options and email addresses in Word
- Fixes an issue in which Mozilla Firefox crashes when you try to view a presentation in PowerPoint Web App on a Mac computer
- Improves the quality of videos in a presentation after the videos are optimized or compressed by PowerPoint
- Fixes issues that occur when you co-author a presentation with other users at the same time in PowerPoint
- Fixes general reliability issues that occur when you post a blog entry on Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 and Microsoft Office 365 blogs
- Fixes issues in which the performance of Excel decreases and Excel file sizes become larger
- Fixes an issue in which data validation lists that contain comma signs (,) are broken in an .xlsx or .xlsb file
- Fixes an issue in which an .xlsx file created in Microsoft Office 2013 that contains an App bound to a table is corrupted on save
- Fixes an issue in which all Agave formulas in the workbook sheet are removed from the file
You can download Service Pack 2 for Office 2010 and other products using following links:
List of All Issues Fixed by Service Pack 2 (SP2) (Excel file)
Posted in: Microsoft Office
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Trillian Instant Messenger: Keep in Touch with Friends on All Major IM and Social Network
- Windows 8 Comes with 2 Flavors of Internet Explorer 10 (IE10): Metro Style App and Desktop App
- How to Clear / Remove Unwanted Items from “Hide Inactive Icons” Customization Box History in Notification Area of Windows
- Enhance Windows Taskbar Auto-Hide Functionality Using Taskbar Activate
- Microsoft Confirms Existence of App Store in Windows 8
- How to Add Aero ON / OFF Shortcuts in Desktop and My Computer Context Menu in Windows Vista and Later