Download Microsoft Office 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2)
Finally Microsoft has released the much awaited Service Pack 2 for Office 2007.
This service pack includes two main categories of fixes:
- Previously unreleased fixes that were made specifically for this service pack.
- All the public updates, security updates, cumulative updates, and hotfixes that were released through February 2009.
Service pack 2 for Office 2007 is cumulative which means you do not have to install Service Pack 1 before you install Service Pack 2. Service Pack 2 already includes all updates that were included in Service Pack 1.
Following are some important areas of improvements that are included in SP2:
Microsoft Office Access
- Lets you export reports to Microsoft Office Excel.
- Fixes issues that occur in the import data wizards, in report printing and previewing, in macros, in Excel integration, and in date filters.
Microsoft Office Excel
- Improves the charting mechanism in Excel 2007. This includes better parity with Office 2003, improved robustness, and targeted performance improvements.
- Improves the method by which Excel prints graphical content, especially when it prints to PCL printers.
Microsoft Office Outlook
- Performance improvements that apply to the Startup, Shutdown, Folder View and Switch
- Calendar improvements
- Search reliability
- Improvements to Really Simple Syndication (RSS)
Microsoft Office PowerPoint
- Provides faster file resaves.
- Improves image quality after files are saved in the .jpeg, .png, and .gif formats.
- Fixes several printer-specific problems.
- Provides better compatibility with Explorer preview in Windows Vista.
Microsoft Office Word
- Improves the fidelity of .pdf and .xps output.
- Improves Outlook performance.
Some other interesting features in SP2:
- OpenDocument Format (ODF) support
- Extensible file formats
- Built-in Save As PDF/XPS support
- Windows XP Service Pack 3
- Windows Vista Service Pack 1
- Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2
- Windows Server 2008
You can download it using following link:
PS: Its also available on "Windows Automatic Updates" now.
Posted in: Microsoft Office
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Disable Automatic Virus Scanning in Built-in Download Manager of Mozilla Firefox?
- OEM Configurator 2.0: Free Portable Utility to Customize OEM Information and Logo in System Properties of Windows
- How to Add Program Shortcuts and Other Useful Shortcuts with Icons in Desktop Context Menu in Windows 7 and Later?
- Download Microsoft Translator Bookmarklet to Translate Websites in a Single Click
- Collection of Boot Screens of All Windows Versions from Windows 1.0 to Windows 7
- How to Disable or Remove “Get Windows 10 Upgrade” App and Icon from Taskbar?