Microsoft Launches Official “Building Windows 8” Blog, Pre-Release Build to Arrive in Coming Months
Microsoft has not provided much details about Windows 8 development but now it seems Microsoft is ready to talk about the next Windows version.
To post regular updates of Windows 8 development, Microsoft has launched a new official blog for Windows 8 called "Building Windows 8" or as Microsoft calls it "B8".
According to the official post, following things are confirmed:
- We should expect a public release of Windows 8 pre-release build (most probably Beta) in coming months
- Windows 8 will have same hardware requirements as of Windows 7
Here is what Steven Sinofsky said in the first official post at B8 blog:
Windows 8 reimagines Windows for a new generation of computing devices, and will be the very best operating system for hundreds of millions of PCs, new and old, used by well over a billion people globally.
We've been hard at work designing and building Windows 8, and today we want to begin an open dialog with those of you who will be trying out the pre-release version over the coming months. We intend to post regularly throughout the development of Windows 8, and to focus on the engineering of the product.
It is also important to know that we're 100% committed to running the software and supporting the hardware that is compatible with over 400 million Windows 7 licenses already sold and all the Windows 7 yet to be sold.
The next major event for Windows is our BUILD conference in September, where we will provide developers with more details about the full spectrum of tools and capabilities available to make the most of Windows 8.
In the next weeks we will just start talking specifics of features, since there is no obvious place to start given the varying perspectives. From fundamentals, to user interface, to hardware support, and more, if something is important to you, we promise we'll get to it in some form or another.
Posted in: Windows 8 / 8.1
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Fix] Bold and Italic Font Problem in Windows
- Kludget Engine: Free Utility to Use Mac OS Dashboard Widgets on Windows and Linux Desktop
- [Guide] How to Restore “TrustedInstaller” as Default Owner of a File, Folder or Registry Key in Windows?
- Dataone Quick Usage Finder (DQUF) Utility for BSNL Broadband Users
- Try Again Extension for Mozilla Firefox: Keeps Loading the Page When Server Not Found
- Download Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3)