Microsoft Launches Official “Building Windows 8″ Blog, Pre-Release Build to Arrive in Coming Months
Microsoft has not provided much details about Windows 8 development but now it seems Microsoft is ready to talk about the next Windows version.
To post regular updates of Windows 8 development, Microsoft has launched a new official blog for Windows 8 called "Building Windows 8" or as Microsoft calls it "B8".
According to the official post, following things are confirmed:
- We should expect a public release of Windows 8 pre-release build (most probably Beta) in coming months
- Windows 8 will have same hardware requirements as of Windows 7
Here is what Steven Sinofsky said in the first official post at B8 blog:
Windows 8 reimagines Windows for a new generation of computing devices, and will be the very best operating system for hundreds of millions of PCs, new and old, used by well over a billion people globally.
We've been hard at work designing and building Windows 8, and today we want to begin an open dialog with those of you who will be trying out the pre-release version over the coming months. We intend to post regularly throughout the development of Windows 8, and to focus on the engineering of the product.
It is also important to know that we're 100% committed to running the software and supporting the hardware that is compatible with over 400 million Windows 7 licenses already sold and all the Windows 7 yet to be sold.
The next major event for Windows is our BUILD conference in September, where we will provide developers with more details about the full spectrum of tools and capabilities available to make the most of Windows 8.
In the next weeks we will just start talking specifics of features, since there is no obvious place to start given the varying perspectives. From fundamentals, to user interface, to hardware support, and more, if something is important to you, we promise we'll get to it in some form or another.
Posted in: Windows 8 / 8.1
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Add “Show / Hide File Extensions” Option in Desktop and Explorer Context Menu in Windows
- MetroController: Free Utility to Disable Metro UI, Start Screen and Windows Explorer Ribbon UI in Windows 8
- How to Fix Start Menu Text or Icon Cut-off Problem in Windows XP 3rd Party Themes?
- Download Windows 7 Dark Theme “SevenVG Black RTM” for Windows XP
- Open in Regedit: Open Registry Keys Directly from Mozilla Firefox
- [Tip] Enable Automatic Bookmarks Backup in Mozilla Firefox at Exit