Microsoft Cooking Windows Vista SP3
It seems that Microsoft has already started working on SP3 for Windows Vista. Recently SP2 RTM for Vista was released and now its turn of SP3.
A new hotfix "KB957414" is available which is set to release for Vista SP3.
This hotfix fixes an issue where Event Viewer crashes when you open a large event log file and sort log entries by one column on a Windows Vista-based or Windows Server 2008-based computer.
To better understand the issue, consider following scenario:
- You open a saved event log file in Event Viewer on a computer that runs Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008.
- The log file size is more than 2 megabytes.
- You sort log entries by clicking the header of a column.
In this scenario, an exception occurs and Event Viewer crashes. This problem is more likely to occur when you click a column header multiple times in a quick succession.
Its quite interesting to see that Microsoft is going to release another service pack for Vista even though Windows 7 is almost ready to release.
Posted in: Windows Vista
Other similar articles that may interest you
- List of Best Dock Utilities for Windows
- [Tip] Remove “Search With Google” and “Visit Website” Options from Firefox Addressbar Results
- [Fix] An Error Occurred While Troubleshooting: A Problem is Preventing the Troubleshooter from Starting
- [FIX] Optical Drives (CD/DVD) Icon Not Showing in My Computer Window
- How to Move or Resize an Off-Screen Window in Windows?
- Download Free Office Mobile Apps for Windows 10