Microsoft Announces Next Windows 10 Feature Update (Redstone 3) Coming in September 2017
- November Update (version 1511)
- Anniversary Update (version 1607)
- Creators Update (version 1703)
November Update (also known as Threshold 2) was released on November 12, 2015 to fix issues and make some improvements to the OS. Anniversary Update (also known as Redstone 1) was released on August 02, 2016 which brought many new features and changes to Windows 10 OS. Creators Update (also known as Redstone 2) was released recently on April 05, 2017 which also comes with many new features such as 3D creativity, mixed reality, etc.
So we can see that the release timings of all Windows 10 feature updates are completely random. November Update was released just after 3 months of Windows 10 RTM release, where as Anniversary Update was released after 9 months of November Update release and the recent Creators Update was released after 8 months of Anniversary Update release.
Now Microsoft has announced that the company will release 2 feature updates for Windows 10 every year. The company has planned a twice-per-year feature release schedule for Windows 10 operating system. One feature update will release in March and the second feature update will release in September month of every year. So basically there will be approx. 6 months time between 2 feature updates release every year.
This brings a good news for all Windows 10 users. It means the next feature update for Windows 10 which is currently known as Redstone 3 (RS3) will be released in September 2017.
Redstone 3 is currently under development and testing phase and a testing Insider Preview build of Redstone 3 can be downloaded and tested from following link:
After some time, Microsoft will also announce the name and features set of the upcoming Windows 10 feature update which is currently codenamed as Redstone 3.
Microsoft has also announced that each Windows 10 feature release will be serviced and supported for 18 months.
We should keep in mind that its a commitment and there might be delays in releasing the feature updates. Sometimes a showstopper bug and incomplete features may delay release of a product. But we are sure that the next Windows 10 feature update "Redstone 3" will definitely arrive in September or October 2017.
- Windows 10 RTM Build Changelog and History
- Windows 10 November Update (Version 1511) Changelog
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Version 1607) Changelog
- Windows 10 Creators Update (RS2) Changelog
- Windows 10 RedStone3 (RS3) Changelog
Posted in: Windows 10
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 2 (SP2)
- List of Free Tools to Get Classic Start Menu Back in Windows 7
- How to Automatic Log into Windows Without Entering Username and Password?
- Get Windows 7 “Desktop Background Slide Show” Feature in XP and Vista Using Microsoft Official “Winter Fun Wallpaper Changer” Powertoy
- TeraCopy: Free Alternative to Windows Built-in Copy and Move Functionality
- [Tips] Tweak Opera Web Browser Settings to Improve Your Privacy