Recently we posted a tutorial containing 2 methods to enable old Windows Vista and 7 style Start Menu in Windows 8:
The above tutorial also helps in disabling new Metro UI, Start Screen and Ribbon UI in Windows Explorer.
With the help of 1st method mentioned in the above tutorial, our friend "Solo-Dev" created a free utility which does the job automatically and you don't need to modify Windows Registry:
Now we are going to share another freeware which utilizes both methods mentioned in the above tutorial.
"MetroController" is a free utility created by our friend "hb860" for Windows 8 which allows you to:
- Disable Metro UI, Start Screen, Explorer Ribbon UI and Enable Old Start Menu
- Only Disable Metro UI, Start Screen and Enable Old Start Menu and Keep Explorer Ribbon UI
When you launch this tool, you just need to click on the desired button and it'll automatically enable/disable the mentioned features in Windows 8.
You can download it using following link:
Download Link (No longer works in Windows 8...)
You can check out following tutorials to enable Start Menu and disable ribbon UI in Windows 8 Explorer:
- Remove Ribbon UI from Windows 8 Explorer without Breaking Paint and WordPad Apps
- Get Start Button (ORB) and Classic Start Menu Back in Windows 8 Using Classic Shell
- How to Log Off, Restart and Shut Down Windows 8 PC?
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Adobe Photoshop CS6 Beta Version for Free
- How to Create New Customized Toolbars at Desktop in Windows Vista?
- Windows 8 UI Bug Causes Windows XP Style Classic Balloon Notifications in Taskbar
- Download “Windows Vista” Theme for Sony Ericsson k700, w810 & Other Mobile Phones
- Permanently Set and Save Process Priority in Windows Task Manager Using Prio
- How to Enable Hidden Features (Music, Podcasts, Smart DJ and Social) in Zune Software?