Recently we posted a tutorial containing 2 methods to enable old Windows Vista and 7 style Start Menu in Windows 8:
The above tutorial also helps in disabling new Metro UI, Start Screen and Ribbon UI in Windows Explorer.
With the help of 1st method mentioned in the above tutorial, our friend "Solo-Dev" created a free utility which does the job automatically and you don't need to modify Windows Registry:
Now we are going to share another freeware which utilizes both methods mentioned in the above tutorial.
"MetroController" is a free utility created by our friend "hb860" for Windows 8 which allows you to:
- Disable Metro UI, Start Screen, Explorer Ribbon UI and Enable Old Start Menu
- Only Disable Metro UI, Start Screen and Enable Old Start Menu and Keep Explorer Ribbon UI
When you launch this tool, you just need to click on the desired button and it'll automatically enable/disable the mentioned features in Windows 8.
You can download it using following link:
Download Link (No longer works in Windows 8...)
You can check out following tutorials to enable Start Menu and disable ribbon UI in Windows 8 Explorer:
- Remove Ribbon UI from Windows 8 Explorer without Breaking Paint and WordPad Apps
- Get Start Button (ORB) and Classic Start Menu Back in Windows 8 Using Classic Shell
- How to Log Off, Restart and Shut Down Windows 8 PC?
Other similar articles that may interest you
- FluentNotepad: Simple Notepad for Windows with Office 2010 Ribbon UI
- What is Microsoft .NET Framework? Download Links for All Versions Inside
- XWindows Dock: The Real Mac Leopard Dock Emulator
- TBarIconBlanker: Remove Program Icons from Windows Titlebar and Taskbar Buttons
- Download Windows 7 Application Compatibility List Released by Microsoft
- Microsoft Releases Official Angry Birds Theme for Windows 7, Download NOW