MetroController: Free Utility to Disable Metro UI, Start Screen and Windows Explorer Ribbon UI in Windows 8
Recently we posted a tutorial containing 2 methods to enable old Windows Vista and 7 style Start Menu in Windows 8:
The above tutorial also helps in disabling new Metro UI, Start Screen and Ribbon UI in Windows Explorer.
With the help of 1st method mentioned in the above tutorial, our friend "Solo-Dev" created a free utility which does the job automatically and you don't need to modify Windows Registry:
Now we are going to share another freeware which utilizes both methods mentioned in the above tutorial.
"MetroController" is a free utility for Windows 8 which allows you to:
- Disable Metro UI, Start Screen, Explorer Ribbon UI and Enable Old Start Menu
- Only Disable Metro UI, Start Screen and Enable Old Start Menu and Keep Explorer Ribbon UI
When you launch this tool, you just need to click on the desired button and it'll automatically enable/disable the mentioned features in Windows 8.
You can download it using following link:
This tool was developed for Windows 8 Developer Preview build and no longer works in Windows 8 final version.
You can check out following tutorials to enable Start Menu and disable ribbon UI in Windows 8 Explorer:
- 5 Easy Ways to Remove Ribbon from Windows 8 and 8.1 Explorer
- Get Start Button (ORB) and Classic Start Menu Back in Windows 8 Using Classic Shell
- How to Log Off, Restart and Shut Down Windows 8 PC?
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Enable Folder Merge Conflict Message in Windows 8 and Later?
- [Guide] How to Create Unattended Installer of Adobe Photoshop?
- Taskbar Meters and SuperbarMonitor: 2 Awesome Free Tools to Show System Resource Usage in Windows 7 Taskbar
- How to Fix “Unexpected Installation Error -203” Problem While Installing Extensions and Themes in Mozilla Firefox?
- How to Add “Network Connections” Shortcut in My Computer Context Menu in Windows?
- [FIX] Windows 7 Deletes All System Restore Points Upon Reboot