Recently we posted a tutorial containing 2 methods to enable old Windows Vista and 7 style Start Menu in Windows 8:
The above tutorial also helps in disabling new Metro UI, Start Screen and Ribbon UI in Windows Explorer.
With the help of 1st method mentioned in the above tutorial, our friend "Solo-Dev" created a free utility which does the job automatically and you don't need to modify Windows Registry:
Now we are going to share another freeware which utilizes both methods mentioned in the above tutorial.
"MetroController" is a free utility for Windows 8 which allows you to:
- Disable Metro UI, Start Screen, Explorer Ribbon UI and Enable Old Start Menu
- Only Disable Metro UI, Start Screen and Enable Old Start Menu and Keep Explorer Ribbon UI
When you launch this tool, you just need to click on the desired button and it'll automatically enable/disable the mentioned features in Windows 8.
You can download it using following link:
This tool was developed for Windows 8 Developer Preview build and no longer works in Windows 8 final version.
You can check out following tutorials to enable Start Menu and disable ribbon UI in Windows 8 Explorer:
- Remove Ribbon UI from Windows 8 Explorer without Breaking Paint and WordPad Apps
- Get Start Button (ORB) and Classic Start Menu Back in Windows 8 Using Classic Shell
- How to Log Off, Restart and Shut Down Windows 8 PC?
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Free Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 VHD Image Files for Microsoft Virtual PC
- Registry Tweak and Freeware to Enable Secret Animation in Windows 8 Start Screen
- What is Microsoft .NET Framework? Download Links for All Versions Inside
- How to Get Blue Toolbar Color Back in Microsoft Office 2003 While Using 3rd Party Themes in Windows XP?
- How to Open Any Program by Typing its Name in RUN Dialog Box in Windows?
- [FIX] Windows Explorer Doesn’t Show Thumbnail Previews in Windows Vista and 7