LockHunter: Yet Another Free File Unlocker for Windows
Most of you already know about "Unlocker" which can help in moving, deleting files which are already in use by other processes:
Unlocker doesn't support 64-bit Windows, so here we are sharing another file unlocking software which supports both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows versions.
"LockHunter" is a free tool to delete files blocked by something you do not know. LockHunter is useful for fighting against malware, and other programs that are blocking files without a reason. Unlike other similar tools it deletes files into the recycle bin so you may restore them if deleted by mistake.
- Shows processes locking a file or folder
- Allows to unlock, delete, copy or rename a locked file
- Allows to kill locking process
- Allows to remove locking processes from hard drive
- Integrates in to Explorer menu
- It deletes files into the recycle bin, so you may restore them if deleted by mistake
- Supports both 32 and 64bit Windows
You can right-click on the file / folder which you want to unlock and select "What is locking this file / folder?" option. It'll launch LockHunter and you can see what is locking the file / folder:
It supports Windows 2000, XP, Server 2003, Vista, Server 2008 and 7. You can download it using following link:
Posted in: Software
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download FREE Image Resizer Powertoy Clone for Windows XP, Vista and 7
- How to Restore Uninstall Confirmation Prompt Box in Windows Vista and Later?
- Best Free Alternatives to Microsoft Office Suite
- How to Clear / Remove Unwanted Items from “Hide Inactive Icons” Customization Box History in Notification Area of Windows
- RecycleBinEx: Freeware to Extend and Enhance the Functionality of Recycle Bin in Windows
- How to Enable “Inline AutoComplete” Feature in Windows Explorer and Run Dialog Box?