Launchy: A Complete Replacement for Windows Start Menu, Taskbar, Desktop Icons and File Manager
Launchy is a free utility for Windows, Linux and Mac users designed to help you forget about your start menu, the icons on your desktop, and even your file manager.
Launchy indexes the programs in your start menu and can launch your documents, project files, folders, and bookmarks with just a few keystrokes!
Once Launchy has been started, it hides in the background. You bring it forward by holding the alt key and tapping the space key. You then type in a few keys of the program you are searching for and hit enter once it has been found. You can also make Launchy disappear again by hitting escape or alt+space.
Launchy is developed to run on Windows XP, Vista and 7, however you can try downloading the gdiplus.dll and unzipping it into your Launchy directory to get it to run with Windows 2000.
You can download it using following link:
Posted in: Software
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [FAQ] Upgrading to Windows 10 from Non-Genuine Windows
- [Tip] Reduce Mozilla Firefox Loading Time by Disabling Hardware Acceleration Feature
- [Tip] 5 Easy Ways to Switch from Windows 8 and Later to Other Installed OS in Dual Boot Environment
- How to Disable Toolbar Auto-Hide Feature in Full Screen Mode of Mozilla Firefox
- [Tip] Disable or Remove Windows 10 Lock Screen
- How to Disable Numerical File Name Sorting and Enable Classic Literal Sorting in Windows Explorer?