"Desktop Background SlideShow" is a new feature present in Windows 7 which allows you to set more than one wallpaper for your Desktop. Windows automatically cycles through the selected wallpapers after a fixed period of time. You can set the wallpapers and time period using Desktop Personalization menu.
We have shared Microsoft's Official "Winter Fun Wallpaper Changer" Powertoy in past which does the same job and can be installed in Windows XP and Vista:
Today we are going to share another FREE software which brings this cool Windows 7 feature to Windows 98, Me, 2000, XP, Server 2003, Vista, Server 2008 and 7.
"John's Background Switcher" periodically changes the background image on your computer (like every hour or every day) to something interesting. You can specify which pictures to choose from:
- Individual pictures on your computer.
- Folders containing pictures on your computer such as 'My Pictures'.
- Flickr photo sharing – selecting pictures by person, tags, sets or just plain random.
- Facebook – your friends photos on your desktop!
- Vladstudio wallpapers – choose from the coolest wallpapers on the net!
- Any Media RSS feed – choose pictures from sites like DeviantArt, Photobucket, LOLCats and Zooomr amongst many others!
- Phanfare web albums – keep up to date with your friends and family.
- smugmug photo galleries – yours, your friends, anybody's!
- Picasa Web Albums – choose from specific albums or any search text.
- Webshots – if you're a Webshots user, you can choose from your online or downloaded photos and collections.
- Google Image Search
- Bing Image Search
- Yahoo! image search
JBS sits in your system tray (down by the clock) and changes your background at the time interval of your choosing.
It works in both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows versions.
Thanks to John for sharing it...