How to Find Lost Serial Keys of Windows, Microsoft Office and Other Software?
Many times we forget product keys of Windows, Microsoft Office or other software products and if we don't have their setup disc or if we didn't note down the key, we have no chance to get them back.
Today in this topic, we are going to share a freeware which can retrieve your forgotten product key from Windows, Office and other products.
Jalapeno Keyfinder is a simple utility to find the lost product keys/serial numbers of various software installed on your system.
It can retrieve almost all Windows product keys including Windows 98, 2000, XP, Vista and Windows 7. You can also retrieve Microsoft Office product keys including Office XP, 2003, 2007 and 2010.
It also supports various other popular products such as Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL Server, Visual Studio, Microsoft Works, ACDSee, Nero Burning ROM, Ashampoo, Autocad, Corel DRAW, Cyberlink PowerDVD, Macromedia Dreamweaver, Macromedia Flash, Partition Magic, Roxio, SnagIt, Stardock, TuneUp Utilities, WinZip, Winamp, ZoneAlarm, etc.
It includes options to export/save the list of found keys and to copy the selected serial key to clipboard.
You can also run Jalapeno Keyfinder from command line using following parameters:
- JSKeyfinder.exe without any parameter will run in normal GUI Mode
- JSKeyfinder.exe /e will run in hidden mode and write the found product keys in a file named "ExportedSerials.txt" in the same folder of JSKeyfinder.exe file
- JSKeyfinder.exe /e "D:\keys.txt" will run in hidden mode and write the found serials to a file specified in the second parameter
Its very small and portable utility so you don't even need to install it. Simply run the EXE file and get the key. You can carry it in your USB drive as well.
The official website is down at the moment but you can download it using following mirror link:
Also check out following similar tool:
Posted in: Software
Other similar articles that may interest you
- 3 Application Compatibility Registry Tweaks to Boost Windows Vista and Windows 7 Performance
- [Review] Samsung Galaxy S4 with Google Android 5.0 Lollipop
- Download Best and Top 5 Free Firewall Software for Windows
- Registry Tweaks to Customize User Account Control (UAC) Options in Windows Vista and Later
- [Fix] “This File does not have a Program Associated with it for Performing This Action” Error Message in Windows
- How to Fix “Cannot Open AVI Error” While Updating Spybot S&D or Spyware Doctor?