[Virus Removal] Is Your Computer Infected with Virus, Spyware or Other Malware?
If your computer system running slow and giving you random problems, it might be infected with some virus, spyware, adware, trojan or other malware programs. Don't worry, this topic will help you in removing all malicious software from your PC.
Just follow these simple steps:
STEP 1: Post Your HijackThis Log File Content
Download HijackThis tool from the link given below and scan your computer with it. It'll generate a log file, copy the content of the log file and post in your comment.
STEP 2: Fix Suggested Entries in Safe Mode
Note down the suggested entries and boot your Windows in Safe Mode by pressing "F8" key at system startup and select "Safe Mode" option. If you can't boot into Safe Mode, check following topics:
- How to Boot Windows in "Safe Mode" When "F8" Key is not Working?
- How to Repair and Enable Corrupted Safe Mode in Windows?
Once you boot into Safe Mode, run HijackThis again, select all suggested entries and click on "Fix checked" button.
Restart your computer and it'll remove the suspicious items from your computer system.
Don't forget to install a good antivirus and anti-spyware in your computer and scan your computer system regularly with the antivirus and anti-spyware for better protection.
You can also use online scanners to scan your system for free:
STEP 3: Fix Other Remaining Issues and Make Windows Faster
If you still face other problems such as Task Manager, Registry Editor, etc disabled, check out following topic to fix it:
PS: Comments in this topic are deleted on regular basis to reduce database overhead. So don't think too much if your comment gets deleted.
Posted in: Troubleshooting
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Taskbar Meters and SuperbarMonitor: 2 Awesome Free Tools to Show System Resource Usage in Windows 7 Taskbar
- Download Windows 10 Official “Hero” Wallpaper and Login Screen Background
- How to Restore “Close Multiple Tabs” Warning Message (Confirmation Prompt) in Internet Explorer?
- Get Windows Vista Style System Properties in Windows XP
- Fission: Firefox Add-on to Show Progressbar in Addressbar Similar to Safari or Opera
- [AIO] List of Free Software to Get Start Menu and Start Button Back in Windows 8