Almost all of us know that Microsoft is currently working on the next Windows version i.e. Windows 8.1 which is an update for Windows 8 and Windows RT. Rumors are coming that Microsoft has finalized Windows 8.1 development and the RTM build of Windows 8.1 has been compiled and is ready to deliver to OEM partners. But these are only rumors, nothing is official at the moment.
Currently only a free Preview version of Windows 8.1 is available for download. You can download it and read more about it at following link:
Windows 8.1 comes with Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) which is also under development. Windows 8.1 final version will come with IE11 installed and IE11 will also be available for download for Windows 7 and Windows 8 operating systems.
Internet Explorer 11 comes with many new features and improvements such as support for up to 100 tabs per window, improved favorites feature, etc. There are also a few interesting additions to IE11 which are not known to many people.
Today in this topic, we are going to talk about an interesting and new feature present in Internet Explorer 11 which might become useful to many IE users.
Internet Explorer 11 comes with a new feature which is called "Preload websites". Internet Explorer 11 preloads websites content in background for optimized performance. Actually most of the people have similar habits to click on first link in a search results page or click on first link in latest articles list of a blog. Internet Explorer 11 automatically starts loading such links in background and if the user clicks on such link, IE11 brings the preloaded page into view and the page loads almost instantly.
In other words, Internet Explorer 11 guesses which link are you going to click next in a webpage and it automatically starts loading that link in background. If you really click on that link, Internet Explorer 11 loads the page instantly as it has already been downloaded in background.
This feature might be very useful for broadband users and users who have unlimited Internet plans but if you are using a slow dial-up connection or if you are using a limited data plan, then you might want to disable this feature to save your valuable bandwidth.
Fortunately Microsoft has provided an option to enable or disable this new feature. If you decide to turn this new feature off, you can check out following simple steps:
1. Open Internet Explorer and click on Tools -> Internet Options.
2. Go to "Advanced" tab and scroll down a little to get following option:
Load sites and content in the background to optimize performance
3. This option is enabled by default, uncheck the option and apply changes.
That's it. Now Internet Explorer 11 will not preload websites content in background.
What do you think about this new feature introduced in Internet Explorer 11? Feel free to share your opinion in your comment...
Other similar articles that may interest you
- What is Windows 8 Promo Code and How to Get or Use it?
- Get Windows 8 Look-Like User Picture Tile (Avatar) in Notification Area of Windows 7
- The Best Method to Hide Files and Folders in Windows Without Using 3rd Party Utilities
- [Exclusive] Customize “Win+X” Menu in Windows 8 – Add, Remove, Rename or Move Shortcuts
- Windows 8 and 8.1 Hidden Secret Features and Useful Hotkeys
- How to Restore “Close Multiple Tabs” Warning Message (Confirmation Prompt) in Internet Explorer?