Internet Explorer 10 Allows to Switch Between IE5, IE7, IE8 and IE9 Rendering Modes
We all know that Microsoft has released a Platform Preview build of the upcoming version of Internet Explorer i.e. IE10.
Did you know that IE10 platform preview allows you to switch between IE5, IE7, IE8, IE9 and IE10 rendering modes?
Microsoft has introduced a new feature in IE10 preview build which allows you to force the rendering mode using Debug menu. You can use this feature using following simple steps:
1. Open IE10 platform preview and click on Debug menu.
2. Now you can select any desired rendering mode. Its called Document mode in IE10. Select any "Force IE Document Mode" option.
3. You can also use keyboard shortcut ALT+5, 7, 8, 9 and 0 to force IE5, IE7, IE8, IE9 and IE10 document modes respectively.
4. To reset document mode, simply select "Reset Document Mode to page default" option or press CTRL+ALT+0 keys.
5. Whatever document mode you select, its shown in Status bar.
Really nice feature for users as well as website developers to test their websites in different IE versions.
Posted in: Internet Explorer
Other similar articles that may interest you
- AutoRun Disabler: Free Portable Utility to Disable Autorun Functionality in Windows
- Customize Start Screen Background Image, Change Number of Rows of Tiles and Charms Bar Color in Windows 8
- Open++: Useful Context Menu Shell Extension for Windows
- Download Windows 10 Insider (Technical) Preview for Mobile Phones
- How to Disable Mozilla Crash Reporter aka “Breakpad” in Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
- Download Windows XP Mode Final Version for Windows 7