We all know that Microsoft has released a Platform Preview build of the upcoming version of Internet Explorer i.e. IE10.
Did you know that IE10 platform preview allows you to switch between IE5, IE7, IE8, IE9 and IE10 rendering modes?
Microsoft has introduced a new feature in IE10 preview build which allows you to force the rendering mode using Debug menu. You can use this feature using following simple steps:
1. Open IE10 platform preview and click on Debug menu.
2. Now you can select any desired rendering mode. Its called Document mode in IE10. Select any "Force IE Document Mode" option.
3. You can also use keyboard shortcut ALT+5, 7, 8, 9 and 0 to force IE5, IE7, IE8, IE9 and IE10 document modes respectively.
4. To reset document mode, simply select "Reset Document Mode to page default" option or press CTRL+ALT+0 keys.
5. Whatever document mode you select, its shown in Status bar.
Really nice feature for users as well as website developers to test their websites in different IE versions.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Use Windows 8 Developer Preview for One More Year?
- How to Show Day and Month Names in System Tray Date in Windows 7
- DeskIntegrator: Portable Utility to Add Program Shortcuts in Windows Vista and 7 Desktop Context Menu
- Download Mac OS X Lion User Pictures Pack
- How to Set Your Desired Wallpaper as Folder Background in Windows Vista?
- How to Access Additional Hidden Regional Themes in Windows 7?