How to Stop Windows Live Mail from Blocking Unsupported File Types in Attachments
If you use Windows Live Mail to send/receive emails, you might be aware of its attachment blocking feature. It doesn't allow to send/receive some pre-defined file types as attachments. A few of them are as following:
Above are a few frequently used file types which are blocked by Windows Live Mail. Whenever you try to send a mail containing any of these file types, the mail is not delivered. Also if you receive a mail containing any of these file types, Windows Live Mail blocks the file and shows following message at top:
You can't download the file as all options are disabled. If you want to fix this problem and want to disable this blocking feature, then follow these simple steps:
1. Press "ALT" key to show Menubar in Windows Live Mail and go to "Tools -> Safety options...".
PS: If you are using wave 4 (2011) or later version of Windows Live Mail which comes with Ribbon UI, you need to click on File -> Options -> Safety options.
2. Now go to "Security" tab and uncheck the option "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus."
Apply it and you have done.
Now Windows Live Mail will no longer block any attachment and you'll be able to send/receive any kind of file types in mails.
- How to Import Feeds into Windows Live Mail from Other RSS Feed Readers
- [Fix] Windows Live Mail Automatically Adds New Email IDs in your Contacts List
- How to Change Email Storage Location in Windows Live Mail
- How to Disable / Turn Off "Conversations" View in Windows Live Mail
- How to Merge / Combine Multiple E-mail Accounts into One in Windows Live Mail
- How to Get "Hide Window When Minimized" Option Back in Windows Live Mail
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Valve’s SteamOS Beta Available for Download
- Hidden Secret Easter Eggs and Daydreams in Google Android Devices
- RecycleBinEx: Freeware to Extend and Enhance the Functionality of Recycle Bin in Windows
- Download Mac OS X Lion User Pictures Pack
- How to Disable Full Row Select Feature, Enable Column Header in All Views and Enable Icon Reordering in Windows 7 Explorer?
- [FIX] Screen Won’t Dim When You Press Win+PrtScn keys to Save Screenshots in Windows 8 or Later