How to Stop Windows Live Mail from Blocking Unsupported File Types in Attachments?
If you use Windows Live Mail to send/receive emails, you might be aware of its attachment blocking feature. It doesn't allow to send/receive some pre-defined file types as attachments. A few of them are as following:
Above are a few frequently used file types which are blocked by Windows Live Mail. Whenever you try to send a mail containing any of these file types, the mail is not delivered. Also if you receive a mail containing any of these file types, Windows Live Mail blocks the file and shows following message at top:
You can't download the file as all options are disabled. If you want to fix this problem and want to disable this blocking feature, then follow these simple steps:
1. Press "Alt" key to show Menubar in Windows Live Mail and go to "Tools -> Safety options...".
2. Now go to "Security" tab and uncheck the option "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus."
Apply it and you have done.
Now Windows Live Mail will no longer block any attachment and you'll be able to send/receive any kind of file types in mails.
Posted in: Troubleshooting
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Windows XP Services Configuration: Turn Off / Disable Background Services to Improve System Performance
- How to Remove “Burn” Button from Windows Explorer Command Bar in Windows 7?
- Download AeroVG Ei8ht and Ei8ht.1ne Themes for Windows 8 / 8.1
- How to Show “New Windows Updates Available” Notification Icon in Windows 8 Taskbar?
- Default Programs Editor: Yet Another Free Alternative to Windows Default File Type Option
- StExBar: A Must Have Free Add-on for Windows Explorer