How to Stop Windows Live Mail from Blocking Unsupported File Types in Attachments
If you use Windows Live Mail to send/receive emails, you might be aware of its attachment blocking feature. It doesn't allow to send/receive some pre-defined file types as attachments. A few of them are as following:
Above are a few frequently used file types which are blocked by Windows Live Mail. Whenever you try to send a mail containing any of these file types, the mail is not delivered. Also if you receive a mail containing any of these file types, Windows Live Mail blocks the file and shows following message at top:
You can't download the file as all options are disabled. If you want to fix this problem and want to disable this blocking feature, then follow these simple steps:
1. Press "ALT" key to show Menubar in Windows Live Mail and go to "Tools -> Safety options...".
PS: If you are using wave 4 (2011) or later version of Windows Live Mail which comes with Ribbon UI, you need to click on File -> Options -> Safety options.
2. Now go to "Security" tab and uncheck the option "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus."
Apply it and you have done.
Now Windows Live Mail will no longer block any attachment and you'll be able to send/receive any kind of file types in mails.
- How to Import Feeds into Windows Live Mail from Other RSS Feed Readers
- [Fix] Windows Live Mail Automatically Adds New Email IDs in your Contacts List
- How to Change Email Storage Location in Windows Live Mail
- How to Disable / Turn Off "Conversations" View in Windows Live Mail
- How to Merge / Combine Multiple E-mail Accounts into One in Windows Live Mail
- How to Get "Hide Window When Minimized" Option Back in Windows Live Mail
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Customize “Organize” and “Layout” Menus in Command Bar in Windows 7 Explorer
- List of Environment Variables in Windows Operating System
- Registry Tweak to Force Automatic Restart in Windows 8 After Installing Important Updates
- Download Exclusive AskVG and VistaVG Wallpapers for Your Desktop
- DeskIntegrator: Portable Utility to Add Program Shortcuts in Windows Vista and Later Desktop Context Menu
- Windows 8 will Boot Faster than Previous Windows Versions, Microsoft Confirms