How to Stop Windows Live Mail from Blocking Unsupported File Types in Attachments?
If you use Windows Live Mail to send/receive emails, you might be aware of its attachment blocking feature. It doesn't allow to send/receive some pre-defined file types as attachments. A few of them are as following:
Above are a few frequently used file types which are blocked by Windows Live Mail. Whenever you try to send a mail containing any of these file types, the mail is not delivered. Also if you receive a mail containing any of these file types, Windows Live Mail blocks the file and shows following message at top:
You can't download the file as all options are disabled. If you want to fix this problem and want to disable this blocking feature, then follow these simple steps:
1. Press "Alt" key to show Menubar in Windows Live Mail and go to "Tools -> Safety options...".
2. Now go to "Security" tab and uncheck the option "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus."
Apply it and you have done.
Now Windows Live Mail will no longer block any attachment and you'll be able to send/receive any kind of file types in mails.
Posted in: Troubleshooting
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [AskVG Gallery] Download Themes, Skins, Icon Packs and Wallpapers for Windows
- Aomei Partition Assistant: Download Free Hard Disk Partition Manager Software for Windows
- [Guide] Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about Windows Customization
- ISO Toolkit: Freeware to Create, Convert, Copy, Extract, Mount and Burn ISO Image Files
- [Fix] “The Update is Not Applicable to Your Computer” Error Message While Installing Windows 8.1 Preview from Store
- How to Change or Remove “Genuine Windows Activation” Logo and “Learn More Online” Link from Windows 7 System Properties?