How to Stop Windows Live Mail from Blocking Unsupported File Types in Attachments?
If you use Windows Live Mail to send/receive emails, you might be aware of its attachment blocking feature. It doesn't allow to send/receive some pre-defined file types as attachments. A few of them are as following:
Above are a few frequently used file types which are blocked by Windows Live Mail. Whenever you try to send a mail containing any of these file types, the mail is not delivered. Also if you receive a mail containing any of these file types, Windows Live Mail blocks the file and shows following message at top:
You can't download the file as all options are disabled. If you want to fix this problem and want to disable this blocking feature, then follow these simple steps:
1. Press "Alt" key to show Menubar in Windows Live Mail and go to "Tools -> Safety options...".
2. Now go to "Security" tab and uncheck the option "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus."
Apply it and you have done.
Now Windows Live Mail will no longer block any attachment and you'll be able to send/receive any kind of file types in mails.
Posted in: Troubleshooting
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Roadkil Unstoppable Copier: Copy Your Important Data from Physically Damaged Disks
- Download Free Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool from Microsoft
- Transform Windows 7 into Windows Vista, Download Vista Theme for Windows 7
- How to Disable Warning Message While Unchecking “Hide Protected Operating System Files” Option in Folder Options
- Transform Windows 7 into Windows 8 Using “Windows 8 UX Pack 4.0″
- Download Popular Windows Explorer Shell Extension “FilerFrog” for Free