In Mozilla Firefox, you install extensions, themes using its Add-ons Manager which can be accessed using "Tools -> Add-ons" option in menubar.
The first tab in Add-ons manager window is "Get Add-ons" which suggests new add-ons list which you can install in your browser.
This tutorial will teach you how to disable this tab. You can use this tutorial to hide this tab from add-ons window.
So here we start the tutorial:
1. Open firefox and type about:config in the addressbar and press Enter. It'll confirm, click on I'll be careful, I promise! button.
2. Now type showpane in the Filter box. It'll show a single entry "extensions.getAddons.showPane" in the result box.
3. Either double-click on this entry or right-click on it and select "Toggle". It'll set its value to "False".
4. That's it. You have done. Now again open "Tools -> Add-ons" and the "Get Add-ons" tab will not be visible any more.
NOTE: If the "Get Add-ons" tab is already hidden in your browser and you want to get it back, then follow the same tutorial and set the value to "true" in step 3.
Posted in: Mozilla Firefox
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Show More Websites On Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) New Tab (about:tabs) Page?
- How to Hide / Remove “User Picture” in Windows Vista and Windows 7 Start Menu?
- The Best FREE Alternatives to Notepad
- Unlocker: Download Free File Unlocking Utility for Windows
- Download Official Windows XP Themes, No UXTheme Patching Required
- Get Glass CMD (Command Prompt) in Windows XP