How to Show/Hide “Get Add-ons” Tab in Mozilla Firefox Add-ons Window?
In Mozilla Firefox, you install extensions, themes using its Add-ons Manager which can be accessed using "Tools -> Add-ons" option in menubar.
The first tab in Add-ons manager window is "Get Add-ons" which suggests new add-ons list which you can install in your browser.
This tutorial will teach you how to disable this tab. You can use this tutorial to hide this tab from add-ons window.
So here we start the tutorial:
1. Open firefox and type about:config in the addressbar and press Enter. It'll confirm, click on I'll be careful, I promise! button.
2. Now type showpane in the Filter box. It'll show a single entry "extensions.getAddons.showPane" in the result box.
3. Either double-click on this entry or right-click on it and select "Toggle". It'll set its value to "False".
4. That's it. You have done. Now again open "Tools -> Add-ons" and the "Get Add-ons" tab will not be visible any more.
NOTE: If the "Get Add-ons" tab is already hidden in your browser and you want to get it back, then follow the same tutorial and set the value to "true" in step 3.
Posted in: Mozilla Firefox
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Solution] Cannot Change Desktop Wallpaper in Windows
- [Software Update] Windows Live Essentials 2012 (Wave 5) Now Available for Download
- Download Windows 8 Lock Screen Style Metro Clock Screensaver
- [Did You Know] WSReset Command to Clear Windows Store Cache in Windows 8 and Later
- Get Windows 8 Metro Style Start Screen in Windows XP, Vista and 7 Using Newgen
- [Fix] Windows Vista Shows BSOD When You Connect iPhone or iPod