How to Show Windows 8 Developer Preview Watermark (Build Number Info) on Windows 7 Desktop?
This topic is only for customization lovers. Actually this topic will help people who want to make Windows 7 look like Windows 8.
We have shared lots of Windows 8 Metro themes for Windows 7 in past. We have also shared a few customization packs which help you in transforming Windows 7 into Windows 8.
Now its turn of Windows 8 Watermark. Watermark is the build number info which is shown at bottom-right corner of Windows Desktop.
Today we are going to share a small portable utility "Windows 8 Desktop Watermark" created by AskVG reader and AskVG's DA group member "yvidhiatama". This free tool shows the same watermark on Windows 7 Desktop which is shown in Windows 8 Developer Preview build.
You just need to download the RAR file, extract it using WinRAR or 7-Zip and run the EXE file. It'll show the Windows 8 Watermark in Windows 7 Desktop.
It might sometimes show white background, to fix it simply right-click on watermark and select "Restart" option. It'll refresh the watermark and fix the problem.
You can download it using following link:
Download Link (Software removed by developer)
You'll need Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 to be able to use it.
PS: You can also manually customize or remove Windows watermark using following tutorial:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Update Your Windows Using Mozilla Firefox, Opera or Any Other Web Browser
- Download Windows Vista Dark Theme “VistaVG Black” for Windows XP
- Download Internet Explorer Skin “VistaVG” for Maxthon Web Browser
- How to Create Bootable USB Drive of Windows Setup without Using Any Software?
- Download Clean and Minimal Newspaper Skin for FeedDemon RSS Reader
- List of Important Changes from Windows 7 Beta to Release Candidate (RC)