How to Show Tabs Always in Titlebar When Mozilla Firefox is not Maximized?
Mozilla Firefox newer versions show Tabs in titlebar to save space on screen. But these tabs are shown in titlebar only when you maximize Firefox window. If you restore the window, the tabs are shown in a separate row below the titlebar.
Today we are going to share an excellent extension "Tabs Always In Titlebar" for Firefox users which sets Firefox to always show tabs in titlebar no matter if the window is maximized or not.
As you can see in the above screenshot, the tabs are showing in titlebar even if Firefox is not maximized.
You can download the add-on using following link:
The add-on has been tested with Aero and Aero Basic themes. It should also support custom Windows themes as well as custom DPI settings.
You can also change value of "extensions.tabsalwaysintitlebar.offset" in about:config to adjust tabs distance from top. Increase this to move the tabs closer to the top, use negatives to move them down.
PS: Interesting users can also check following userscript to get the same effect:
Posted in: Mozilla Firefox
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Disable Hardware Acceleration (GPU Rendering) in Microsoft Internet Explorer to Fix Font and Crashing Problems?
- [Tip] Give Browse Dialog Box More Space in Windows Vista and Later
- [Tip] Enable Hidden Secret Dark and Light Themes in Mozilla Firefox
- [Fix] “One or More Network Protocols are Missing on This Computer” Error in Windows
- [Software Update] Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) Now Available for Download for Windows 7 Users
- [Tip] Change or Remove Built-in Ringtones, Notifications and System Sounds in Your Android Smartphone