How to Set Desktop Wallpaper as Start Screen Background in Windows 8.1?
Although Microsoft has added many new customization options to customize Start Screen in Windows 8.1 but still you can't set your desired wallpaper as Start Screen background image. You are limited to choose the background from the given built-in images. You are still forced to depend upon 3rd party software such as Decor8 or Start Screen Customizer to apply any desired image as Start Screen background or to tweak various other Start Screen settings.
But Microsoft has added a new interesting feature to Windows 8.1 Start Screen which allows you to set your current Desktop wallpaper as Start Screen background. Once applied, it makes the transition from Desktop to Start Screen smoother and more user-friendly. It makes you feel like you are still on Desktop and accessing Start Screen right from the Desktop.
If you are interested in settings Desktop wallpaper as Start Screen background, check out following simple steps:
METHOD 1: Using Taskbar Properties
1. Right-click on Taskbar and select Properties option.
2. It'll open Taskbar and Navigation properties window.
3. Go to "Navigation" tab and enable "Show my desktop background on Start" option present in "Start screen" section.
4. Apply the changes and now whenever you'll go to Start Screen, it'll have the same Desktop wallpaper in the background.
METHOD 2: Using Start Screen Settings
The same thing can also be done using Start Screen settings page:
1. Go to Start Screen and move your mouse cursor to top-right or bottom-right corners to access Charms Bar.
2. Click on Settings icon present in Charms Bar.
3. Now click on Personalize option present in Settings section.
4. It'll open Start Screen customization settings page. Here you can change Start Screen background image, background color and accent color.
5. The background image section contains 15 image thumbnails. To set current Desktop wallpaper as Start Screen background image, click on the 15th thumbnail present at the end of background image section as shown in following screenshot:
That's it. It'll immediately apply your Desktop wallpaper as Start Screen background image.
NOTE: If you want to make these changes using Registry Editor, check out following tutorial:
Posted in: Windows 8 / 8.1
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Install and Apply Styler Toolbar Skin in Windows XP Explorer?
- [IE11 Review] List of Features That Have Been Removed or Added in Internet Explorer 11
- OpenOffice.org: Free and Portable Alternative to Microsoft Office
- Download OSX Yosemite Login Screen for Windows XP and 7
- Registry Tweak to Disable Start Screen for All Applications in Microsoft Office 2013
- How to Remove An Item from RUN Dialog Box History / MRU List in Windows?