One big limitation in Internet Explorer is that we can't run different IE versions on a single system. Its a big problem mainly for webmasters. They design a website but they can't make sure whether the site will look OK in all IE version or not? It might look perfect in IE7 but there are big chances that it might look broken in IE6.
Other browsers like Firefox, Opera, etc allow to run different versions of their browsers on a single system but Microsoft has not made IE in such manner.
So here comes the "Internet Explorer Collection". Internet Explorer Collection allows to run multiple IE versions on a single system. Even you can run them simultaneously. You need to download the EXE file, install it and at the time of installation, you can select which IE versions do you want to install:
The collection contains all IE versions from 1.0 to 8.0:
- Internet Explorer 1.0 (18.104.22.1688)
- Internet Explorer 1.5 (0.1.0.10)
- Internet Explorer 2.01 (22.214.171.124)
- Internet Explorer 3.0 (3.0.1152)
- Internet Explorer 4.01 (4.72.3110.0)
- Internet Explorer 5.01 (5.00.3314.2100)
- Internet Explorer 5.5 (5.51.4807.2300)
- Internet Explorer 6.0 (6.00.2800.1106)
- Internet Explorer 7.0 (7.0.5730.13)
- Internet Explorer 8.0 (8.0.6001.18372)
You can start any desired IE version from Start menu.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Guide] How to Use Windows 7 Built-in ClearType Text Tuner?
- Download Microsoft Office 2013 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- Download Windows 7 WindowBlinds (WB) Skin with Aero Glass for Windows XP
- Download Transparent Notepad for Windows
- How to Separate “Devices and Drives” Section in Windows 8.1 Explorer “This PC”?
- Secret Trick to Disable / Turn Off Annoying Feature Advertisement Balloon Notifications in Windows 7