One big limitation in Internet Explorer is that we can't run different IE versions on a single system. Its a big problem mainly for webmasters. They design a website but they can't make sure whether the site will look OK in all IE version or not? It might look perfect in IE7 but there are big chances that it might look broken in IE6.
Other browsers like Firefox, Opera, etc allow to run different versions of their browsers on a single system but Microsoft has not made IE in such manner.
So here comes the "Internet Explorer Collection". Internet Explorer Collection allows to run multiple IE versions on a single system. Even you can run them simultaneously. You need to download the EXE file, install it and at the time of installation, you can select which IE versions do you want to install:
The collection contains all IE versions from 1.0 to 8.0:
- Internet Explorer 1.0 (18.104.22.1688)
- Internet Explorer 1.5 (0.1.0.10)
- Internet Explorer 2.01 (22.214.171.124)
- Internet Explorer 3.0 (3.0.1152)
- Internet Explorer 4.01 (4.72.3110.0)
- Internet Explorer 5.01 (5.00.3314.2100)
- Internet Explorer 5.5 (5.51.4807.2300)
- Internet Explorer 6.0 (6.00.2800.1106)
- Internet Explorer 7.0 (7.0.5730.13)
- Internet Explorer 8.0 (8.0.6001.18372)
You can start any desired IE version from Start menu.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Microsoft Office 2013 Releases to Manufacturing (RTM), GA on January 29, 2013
- 7Plus: A Free Tool to Tweak Windows Vista and 7 Explorer, Add Hotkeys, Tabs, Context Menu Entries
- [Did You Know] Hidden Secret “DeskBar Options” Tab in Windows 98 Taskbar Properties
- XBoot: Free Utility to Combine ISO and Create Single Multiboot ISO or Bootable USB
- [Tip] Add Secret “Hide File Names” Option in “View” Menu in Windows Vista and 7
- How to Enable New 2-Step Verification Security Mechanism in Google Accounts?