How to Restrict Users from Changing Internet Explorer Homepage Settings?
In many organizations, administrators want to set a permanent Homepage in Internet Explorer such as their Intranet address and they also want to restrict users from changing it.
Many times some spyware also change IE Homepage to some other URLs and disable the options to change the homepage. So today in this tutorial, we'll tell you the tricks to permanently set your desired webpage as homepage in Internet Explorer and also restricting other users from changing the homepage.
A. To Permanently Set Homepage:
1. Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. Now go to following key:
2. In right-side pane, change value of Start Page to your desired URL, like http://www.AskVG.com/
B. To Restrict Users From Changing Homepage:
1. Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. Now go to:
2. Under this key create new key "Control Panel". Now in right-side pane, create a new DWORD value HomePage and set its value to 1. It'll disable all 3 buttons "Use current", "Use default" and "Use blank" in Internet Options.
TIP: If these buttons have been disabled in your system by spyware and you want to enable them, then simply change value of HomePage DWORD to 0.
PS: If you want a ready made .REG file to automate the task, then download following ZIP file, extract it and then run the extracted .REG file:
NOTE: In the above .REG file, We have set "Start Page" to "http://www.AskVG.com/". If you want to set a different webpage as homepage, open REG file in Notepad, change the URL with your desired URL and then save the file.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Fix “MAPI was Unable to Load Information Service Msncon.dll” Error Message in Microsoft Outlook?
- Extended Statusbar: Get Opera Like Statusbar in Mozilla Firefox
- List of Windows XP System Files to Customize Using Resource Hacker
- How to Disable or Change a Key Action in Your Keyboard Using Sharp Keys?
- MailBrowserBackup: Backup Your Web Browsers and Email Clients Profiles
- How to Choose Desired Windows 7 Edition / Version During Setup?