How to Restore “You’ve opened a new tab” Page in Internet Explorer 7?
In Internet Explorer 7, whenever you open a new tab, you are presented with a "You've opened a new tab" page which contains a few helpful tips for tabbed browsing in IE as shown in following screenshot:
This page also contains a checkbox "Don't show this page again" and if you select it while clicking on "Close" button, IE7 will no longer show this page. Instead it'll show a blank page whenever you open a new tab.
Surprisingly, there is no option given to re-enable it anywhere in IE settings. Today in this tutorial, we'll tell you how to restore this page:
1. Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
2. Now go to following key:
3. In right-side pane, you'll see a DWORD value "ShowTabsWelcome".
Either change its value to 1 or delete it.
4. That's it. Now IE7 will start showing "You've opened a new tab" page again.
PS: If you want ready-made registry scripts to do the task automatically, download following ZIP file, extract it and run the extracted REG file. it'll ask for confirmation, accept it:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Create Bootable USB Drive or DVD of Windows Setup Using “Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool” from Microsoft
- SMFixer: Free Tool to Repair and Enable Corrupted Safe Mode in Windows
- Reclaim Free Space by Removing Unnecessary Files After Installing Service Pack 1 (SP1) in Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2
- [Fix] Duplicate IMAP Folders (Sent, Junk and Deleted Items) Created in Windows Live Mail
- How to Disable or Remove “Get Windows 10 Upgrade” App and Icon from Taskbar?
- List of Hidden Secret Service Codes for Chinese Mobile Phones