How to Restore “Show Desktop” Shortcut Icon in Quick Launch Toolbar in Windows?
Most of the times most of the people make this mistake when they delete the "Show Desktop" icon from Quick Launch toolbar either accidentally or intentionally. After some time they might want to restore this useful icon which helps in minimizing all opened windows in a single go. Although you can do the same thing using keyboard shortcut key "Win+D" or "Win+M".
So in this tutorial, we'll tell you 2 ways to restore "Show Desktop" icon in Quick Launch toolbar:
1. Paste following code in Notepad and save the file with name "Show Desktop.scf" (including quotes):
2. Now you have to copy this new file and paste in "Quick Launch" toolbar. You can do it in 2 ways:
a. Drag-n-drop the new file to Quick Launch toolbar.
b. Type "%appdata%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch" in RUN dialog box and press Enter. It'll open Quick Launch folder. Paste the file in this folder.
1. Open RUN dialog box and provide following command:
regsvr32 /n /i:U shell32.dll
2. It'll restore the Show Desktop icon in Quick Launch toolbar. You might need to restart your system to take effect.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Host Mechanic: Freeware to Edit, Delete or Restore Hosts File in Windows
- Moo0 WindowMenuPlus: Add Extra Useful Menus to Windows Explorer
- Add AskVG.com or Other Website Links in Desktop Context Menu in Windows
- Yet Another Way to Download Free Microsoft Office 2010 60-Day Trial Version
- How to Enable “Open Command Window Here” Option in Context Menu in Windows Vista and Later
- Download SevenVG Black RTM Theme with Normal Thin Taskbar for Windows XP