How to Restore Recycle Bin Icon on Desktop in Windows Vista and Later?
Many times Windows users can't find Recycle Bin icon on Desktop. The icon disappears automatically from The Desktop. Actually it gets deleted by the user accidentally or gets removed by a 3rd party software.
If you are using Windows Vista or later and have accidentally deleted Recycle Bin icon from Desktop, no need to worry. You can easily restore the icon on Desktop using following simple method:
1. Right-click on Desktop and select "Personalize" option. It'll open Desktop Personalization window. Now click on "Change desktop icons" link given in left side pane.
Alternatively, you can open it directly by providing following command in RUN or Start Menu Search box:
2. It'll open "Desktop Icon Settings" window as shown in following screenshot:
3. Now enable "Recycle Bin" option and Apply the changes.
4. That's it. Your missing Recycle Bin icon will be back on Desktop immediately.
PS: Same tutorial can be used for enabling or disabling other Desktop icons such as Computer, Control Panel, Network, etc.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- RegFileMerger: Merge Multiple Registry Files into a Single One
- Download Microsoft Zune Desktop Theme for Windows XP
- Download Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- Registry Tweak to Decrease Window Border Size and Padding in Windows 8 and Later
- How to Remove Unwanted Program Shortcuts from Windows Vista Welcome Center?