How to Restore Old Speed Dial Page and Move New Navigation Bar Back to Top in Opera?
If you are using Opera web browser or if you are regularly following this blog, you might be aware of the fact that a new version 27 of Opera has been released and available for download to public.
Apart from new features and fixes, this new version comes with following 2 new things:
- Modified Speed Dial page
- New Navigation bar at bottom of Speed Dial, Bookmarks and Discover pages
Following image shows the new Speed Dial page and Navigation bar in action:
There are many Opera users who don't like these new UI changes. They find the previous Modern Speed Dial page better and also they are not liking the new Navigation bar at bottom of all internal pages.
Today in this tutorial, we are going to tell you ways to restore previous Speed Dial page and move the new Navigation bar to top in Opera web browser.
1. Launch Opera and open the hidden secret advanced configuration page of Opera using opera://flags command in addressbar as told in following tutorial:
To Restore Previous Modern Speed Dial Page:
2.a. Now look for "Experimental start page" option. It'll be present in the beginning of the page.
2.b. Once you find the option, change its value to Enabled using the drop-down box.
2.c. Restart Opera and you'll get a new link "Try out the new start page" at the bottom-right corner of the new Speed Dial page.
2.d. Click on the link and you'll have the previous Modern Speed Dial page back in Opera.
PS: You can revert back to the new Speed Dial page at any time by either clicking on "Go back to the old start page" link at the bottom-right corner of the Speed Dial page or by changing value of "Experimental start page" option in opera://flags page to Default (disabled) again.
To Move New Navigation Bar Back to Top:
3.a. Now look for "WebUI navigation bar" option. It'll be present in the middle of the page.
3.b. Once you find the option, change its value to Disabled using the drop-down box.
3.c. Restart Opera and you'll see the old Navigation buttons at top in Opera.
PS: To restore the Navigation bar at bottom, change value of "WebUI navigation bar" option in opera://flags page to Default (enabled) again.
Posted in: Opera
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Get Windows 7 Look-Like Windows Media Player (WMP) in Windows XP and Vista
- How to Remove Annoying Focus Rectangle Around Buttons and Other Items in Windows?
- Complete Guide for Windows Customization Terms and Resources
- [Guide] How to Root an Android Device?
- Download Free e-book “Programming Windows Phone 7” from Microsoft
- How to Remove Windows Vista Startup ORB Animation (aka Pearl Animation)?