Here is another frequently occurring problem regarding to "Send To" menu.
As we all know about "Send To" menu which appears when we right-click on a file or folder in Windows Explorer. It contains some useful items including "Compressed (zipped) Folder" which can create a ZIP file of the selected files/folders within a few seconds without using any 3rd party compression utility. Its really a useful option.
But sometimes this item gets deleted from "Send To" menu accidentally or intentionally. Following tutorial will help you in restoring this useful item back in "Send To" menu:
This method will only work in Windows XP. It'll not work in Windows Vista and Windows 7:
1. Type following command in RUN dialog box:
2. It'll re-create the missing "Compressed (zipped) Folder" option in "Send To" menu.
This is the simplest method. Just download following zip file, extract it and copy the extracted file to "Send To" folder:
To open "Send To" folder, type "shell:sendto" in RUN dialog box and press Enter.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Default Programs Editor: Yet Another Free Alternative to Windows Default File Type Option
- How to Disable or Enable “Shut Down Event Tracker” (Reason UI) Feature in Windows Server 2003, 2008 or Client OS?
- Download Transparent Notepad for Windows
- How to Enable Good Old Start Button (ORB) and Start Menu in Windows 8?
- [Fix] 0x800F0906 and 0x800F081F Error Messages While Installing .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 8/8.1
- Add “Change Sound”, “Change Cursor”, “System Properties” and Other Useful Shortcuts in Windows Vista and 7 Desktop Context Menu