Here is another frequently occurring problem regarding to "Send To" menu.
As we all know about "Send To" menu which appears when we right-click on a file or folder in Windows Explorer. It contains some useful items including "Compressed (zipped) Folder" which can create a ZIP file of the selected files/folders within a few seconds without using any 3rd party compression utility. Its really a useful option.
But sometimes this item gets deleted from "Send To" menu accidentally or intentionally. Following tutorial will help you in restoring this useful item back in "Send To" menu:
This method will only work in Windows XP. It'll not work in Windows Vista and Windows 7:
1. Type following command in RUN dialog box:
2. It'll re-create the missing "Compressed (zipped) Folder" option in "Send To" menu.
This is the simplest method. Just download following zip file, extract it and copy the extracted file to "Send To" folder:
To open "Send To" folder, type "shell:sendto" in RUN dialog box and press Enter.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Fix] Mouse Pointer Freezes, Lags or Other Problems While Playing Games in Windows 8.1
- Download New Windows 8 Blue Login Screen for Windows 7
- Get Windows 8 Look-Like User Picture Tile (Avatar) in Notification Area of Windows 7
- How to Enable / Activate Hidden Administrator Account in Windows?
- How to Customize Power Button Action in Windows 7 Start Menu?
- Run Editor 2.1: Freeware to Directly Launch a Program by Typing its Name in RUN Dialog Box in Windows