Here is another frequently occurring problem regarding to "Send To" menu.
As we all know about "Send To" menu which appears when we right-click on a file or folder in Windows Explorer. It contains some useful items including "Compressed (zipped) Folder" which can create a ZIP file of the selected files/folders within a few seconds without using any 3rd party compression utility. Its really a useful option.
But sometimes this item gets deleted from "Send To" menu accidentally or intentionally. Following tutorial will help you in restoring this useful item back in "Send To" menu:
This method will only work in Windows XP. It'll not work in Windows Vista and Windows 7:
1. Type following command in RUN dialog box:
2. It'll re-create the missing "Compressed (zipped) Folder" option in "Send To" menu.
This is the simplest method. Just download following zip file, extract it and copy the extracted file to "Send To" folder:
To open "Send To" folder, type "shell:sendto" in RUN dialog box and press Enter.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Change the Animation Background Color in Windows Vista Progress Dialog Box?
- [Fix] Pin to Start Menu Option is Missing in Windows XP, Vista and 7
- How to Change Registered Owner and Organization Name in Windows?
- Microsoft Talks About Windows Explorer Improvements in Windows 8, Addition of Ribbon UI and Up Button
- Customize “Single Click Select All” Feature in Mozilla Firefox Addressbar
- How to Change or Reset Product Key of Microsoft Office?