How to Restore Missing “Compressed (zipped) Folder” Item in Send To Menu in Windows?
Here is another frequently occurring problem regarding to "Send To" menu.
As we all know about "Send To" menu which appears when we right-click on a file or folder in Windows Explorer. It contains some useful items including "Compressed (zipped) Folder" which can create a ZIP file of the selected files/folders within a few seconds without using any 3rd party compression utility. Its really a useful option.
But sometimes this item gets deleted from "Send To" menu accidentally or intentionally. Following tutorial will help you in restoring this useful item back in "Send To" menu:
This method will only work in Windows XP. It'll not work in Windows Vista and later:
1. Type following command in RUN dialog box:
2. It'll re-create the missing "Compressed (zipped) Folder" option in "Send To" menu.
This is the simplest method and will work in all Windows versions.
Just download following zip file, extract it and copy the extracted file to "Send To" folder:
To open "Send To" folder, type "shell:sendto" in RUN dialog box and press Enter.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Tip] 5 Easy Ways to Switch from Windows 8 and Later to Other Installed OS in Dual Boot Environment
- How to Restore Old Speed Dial Page and Move New Navigation Bar Back to Top in Opera?
- [Tip] Disable Material Design UI and Incognito Mode Dark Theme in Google Chrome
- Best Free Video Editors and Alternatives to Windows Movie Maker
- [MSDN and TechNet Update] Microsoft Releases Windows 8.1 Update
- [Did You Know] Ultimate List of Windows Live Mail Bugs and Goof-ups