Here is another frequently occurring problem regarding to "Send To" menu.
As we all know about "Send To" menu which appears when we right-click on a file or folder in Windows Explorer. It contains some useful items including "Compressed (zipped) Folder" which can create a ZIP file of the selected files/folders within a few seconds without using any 3rd party compression utility. Its really a useful option.
But sometimes this item gets deleted from "Send To" menu accidentally or intentionally. Following tutorial will help you in restoring this useful item back in "Send To" menu:
This method will only work in Windows XP. It'll not work in Windows Vista and Windows 7:
1. Type following command in RUN dialog box:
2. It'll re-create the missing "Compressed (zipped) Folder" option in "Send To" menu.
This is the simplest method. Just download following zip file, extract it and copy the extracted file to "Send To" folder:
To open "Send To" folder, type "shell:sendto" in RUN dialog box and press Enter.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Solution] Taskbar is not Transparent While Using Aero Theme in Windows Vista
- How to Stop Windows Live Mail from Blocking Unsupported File Types in Attachments?
- Download Free Official Themes for Google Chrome Web Browser
- How to Restore “You’ve opened a new tab” Page in Internet Explorer 7?
- How to Enable Titlebar Text and Icon and Put Tabs on Bottom in Mozilla Firefox 28 and Later?
- How to Change or Customize Start Menu Look-n-Feel in Windows XP?