Here is another frequently occurring problem regarding to "Send To" menu.
As we all know about "Send To" menu which appears when we right-click on a file or folder in Windows Explorer. It contains some useful items including "Compressed (zipped) Folder" which can create a ZIP file of the selected files/folders within a few seconds without using any 3rd party compression utility. Its really a useful option.
But sometimes this item gets deleted from "Send To" menu accidentally or intentionally. Following tutorial will help you in restoring this useful item back in "Send To" menu:
This method will only work in Windows XP. It'll not work in Windows Vista and later:
1. Type following command in RUN dialog box:
2. It'll re-create the missing "Compressed (zipped) Folder" option in "Send To" menu.
This is the simplest method and will work in all Windows versions.
Just download following zip file, extract it and copy the extracted file to "Send To" folder:
To open "Send To" folder, type "shell:sendto" in RUN dialog box and press Enter.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Move / Show “Navigation Pane” at Right in Windows 7 Explorer?
- How to Add “Kill Not Responding Tasks” in Desktop Context Menu in Windows Vista and Later
- Get the Good Old Movie Maker 2.6 in Windows Vista and Later
- Free POP3 Access Available to Windows Live Hotmail Users, How to Instructions Inside
- SmartUp Menu: Freeware to Get Windows Vista Style Start Menu in Windows XP
- How To Enable “Search For Text When I Start Typing” Feature in Mozilla Firefox?