Here is another frequently occurring problem regarding to "Send To" menu.
As we all know about "Send To" menu which appears when we right-click on a file or folder in Windows Explorer. It contains some useful items including "Compressed (zipped) Folder" which can create a ZIP file of the selected files/folders within a few seconds without using any 3rd party compression utility. Its really a useful option.
But sometimes this item gets deleted from "Send To" menu accidentally or intentionally. Following tutorial will help you in restoring this useful item back in "Send To" menu:
This method will only work in Windows XP. It'll not work in Vista and 7:
1. Type following command in RUN dialog box:
2. It'll re-create the missing "Compressed (zipped) Folder" option in "Send To" menu.
This is the simplest method. Just download following zip file, extract it and copy the extracted file to "Send To" folder:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- QTTabBar: Freeware to Add Tab Feature to Windows Explorer
- Ultimate Collection of Uninstallers / Removal Tools for All Popular Antivirus Software
- [Windows Tip] Search and Install Device Drivers from Windows Update Only If Its Not Found on Local Hard Disk
- Best Registry Tweaks to Speed Up Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 & Windows 8
- How to Uninstall New Versions of Internet Explorer Web Browser in Windows?
- How to Uninstall Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1)?