How to Restore Missing “Compressed (zipped) Folder” Item in Send To Menu in Windows?
Here is another frequently occurring problem regarding to "Send To" menu.
As we all know about "Send To" menu which appears when we right-click on a file or folder in Windows Explorer. It contains some useful items including "Compressed (zipped) Folder" which can create a ZIP file of the selected files/folders within a few seconds without using any 3rd party compression utility. Its really a useful option.
But sometimes this item gets deleted from "Send To" menu accidentally or intentionally. Following tutorial will help you in restoring this useful item back in "Send To" menu:
This method will only work in Windows XP. It'll not work in Windows Vista and later:
1. Type following command in RUN dialog box:
2. It'll re-create the missing "Compressed (zipped) Folder" option in "Send To" menu.
This is the simplest method and will work in all Windows versions.
Just download following zip file, extract it and copy the extracted file to "Send To" folder:
To open "Send To" folder, type "shell:sendto" in RUN dialog box and press Enter.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Hidden Secret Trick to Enable / Activate “Aero Glass” in Windows 8 “Aero Lite” Theme
- [FIX] Wrong Program or File Opens with Incorrect Icon and Error Message in Windows
- Is There Any Way to Enable True Aero Glass Transparency with Blur in Windows 8?
- [Guide] Reinstall or Repair Windows 8 and Later Using “Reset PC” and “Refresh PC” Options
- How to Fix Arrow Keys Navigation Problem in Mozilla Firefox?
- 8 Start: Enjoy Windows 8 Start Screen Style Homepage with Live Tiles in Web Browsers