Here is another frequently occurring problem regarding to "Send To" menu.
As we all know about "Send To" menu which appears when we right-click on a file or folder in Windows Explorer. It contains some useful items including "Compressed (zipped) Folder" which can create a ZIP file of the selected files/folders within a few seconds without using any 3rd party compression utility. Its really a useful option.
But sometimes this item gets deleted from "Send To" menu accidentally or intentionally. Following tutorial will help you in restoring this useful item back in "Send To" menu:
This method will only work in Windows XP. It'll not work in Vista and 7:
1. Type following command in RUN dialog box:
2. It'll re-create the missing "Compressed (zipped) Folder" option in "Send To" menu.
This is the simplest method. Just download following zip file, extract it and copy the extracted file to "Send To" folder:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Add Context Menu Option to Extract / Unpack Files from MSI (Microsoft Installer) Package
- Download Mac OS X “Mavericks” Transformation Pack for Windows
- [Did You Know] Hidden Secret “DeskBar Options” Tab in Windows 98 Taskbar Properties
- Complete Guide for Windows Customization Terms and Resources
- How to Get Classic Old Interface Back in Google Search Pages?
- Download Windows Vista Skin “Y! Vista Reloaded” for Yahoo! Messenger