How to Restore Default Smart Bookmarks Folders in Mozilla Firefox?
Mozilla Firefox 3.0 comes with "Smart Bookmarks Folders". These folders work like saved searches and update automatically. If you don't know about them, then click on "Bookmarks" menu and you'll see following 3 smart bookmarks folders along with your other custom bookmarks:
- Most Visited
- Recently Bookmarked
- Recent Tags
Many times people delete these default smart bookmarks folder by mistake or intentionally to customize the bookmarks menu and toolbar. If you have also deleted these 3 folders but want to get them back, then this simple tutorial will help you.
Just follow these easy steps to get the default "Smart Bookmarks Folders" back in Firefox:
1. Open Firefox and type about:config in the addressbar and press Enter. It'll confirm, click on I'll be careful, I promise! button.
2. Now type smart in the Filter box. It'll show following entry:
3. Double-click on it or right-click on it and select "Modify", now set its value to 0
4. That's it. Now restart Firefox and all 3 default Smart Bookmarks folders will be back.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- WinCDEmu: Mount CD/DVD Images (ISO, NRG, MDS/MDF, IMG, etc) in Windows Explorer
- [Tip] Disable Search Suggestions in Addressbar Results of Mozilla Firefox
- How to Enable Aero Glass Transparency with Blur in Windows 10?
- [Fix] Windows 7 Keeps Checking for Updates for Hours
- [Guide] What is the Difference between a Theme, Themepack, Skin, Visual Style and msstyles?
- WinThunder: Get Quick Access to Weather, Favorite Shortcuts, Files, Folders, Apps in Windows 7 System Tray