How to Restore Caret Browsing Confirmation Prompt in Mozilla Firefox?
Recently we posted about "Caret Browsing" feature in Mozilla Firefox which allows you to navigate in a web page just like a word document.
You can enable/disable it using "F7" key. It shows a confirmation message before turning the feature on/off:
As you can see it contains a checkbox "Do not show me this dialog box again.". Imagine you selected this checkbox while turning "Caret Browsing" On. Now what would you do if you want to turn it off later?
Don't worry. If you selected the checkbox and disabled the confirmation prompt, you can re-enable the prompt using following simple and easy steps:
1. Open firefox and type about:config in the addressbar and press Enter. It'll confirm, click on I'll be careful, I promise! button.
2. Now type caret in the Filter box. It'll show following entries:
3. The entry "accessibility.warn_on_browsewithcaret" would be set to false. Double-click on it or right-click on it and select "Toggle". It'll set its value to true.
4. That's it. Now Firefox will show the confirmation prompt again once you press "F7" key.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Get New Windows 8 Metro Start ORB (Start Button) in Windows 7
- Google Adds New “Preview Pane” Feature to Gmail Similar to Microsoft Outlook and Windows Live Mail
- Collection of Best “about:config” Tweaks for Mozilla Firefox
- Hidden Secret “About” Pages and Easter Eggs in Google Chrome
- [Fix] Thumbnail Cache Automatic Deletion Problem in Windows
- TrueTransparency: Another Freeware to Get Aero Glass with Blur and Reflection in Windows XP