How to Restore All Configuration Settings of Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) to Default Using Command Line
If you are a "Microsoft Security Essentials" user and want to restore all settings to default, here is a simple and easy solution for you.
Surprisingly MSE doesn't provide any option to restore default settings in its configuration window.
In this topic, we'll tell you how to restore all configuration settings of MSE to default using a built-in MSE command.
=> Simply provide following command in Command Prompt or Start Menu Search box or Run dialog box:
"%programfiles%\Microsoft Security Essentials\MpCmdRun.exe" RestoreDefaults
It'll open a Command Prompt window and will close it immediately.
Now you can check MSE configuration settings and all settings would be restored to default.
You can also create a shortcut for the command and place it on Desktop or Quick launch toolbar or pin it to Windows 7 Taskbar.
Posted in: Troubleshooting
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Guide] How to Create Unattended Installer of Adobe Photoshop?
- How to Fix “Windows NT Setup Files Detected” Error Message While Running UXTheme Patcher in Windows XP
- [Fix] Network Connections Folder is Empty in Windows, Not Showing Network Adapters List
- Windows 8 Allows You to Change Custom Library Icon
- [Did You Know] Ultimate List of Windows Vista Facts, Bugs and Goof-ups
- [Solution] Control Panel, Welcome Center or Games are not Opening in Windows Vista