How to Restore Accidentally Uninstalled Built-in Apps in Windows 8?
We know that Microsoft's latest OS Windows 8 comes with brand new "Store" feature which is quite similar to Google Play or Apple's App Store. Windows 8 Store allows you to download and install various useful and interesting apps which are free as well as paid.
Windows 8 also comes with many preinstalled or built-in apps such as Mail, News, Finance, Sports, Maps, Weather, etc. If you don't like or need a built-in app, you can uninstall the app by right-click on the app and select "Uninstall" option from the bottom bar as mentioned here.
The problem comes when you uninstall an app but later you decide to use it. There is no easy way given to restore default apps in Windows 8 Start Screen. You can't find any option in Start Screen to reinstall those uninstalled apps.
So what to do? How to restore uninstalled apps in Windows 8? We have received lots of emails from AskVG readers asking the same question. Don't worry. Here is the solution. Today in this tutorial, we are going to tell you how to reinstall built-in apps in Windows 8 if you accidentally uninstalled them in past.
Actually you can reinstall or restore built-in apps using Windows Store. Just follow these simple steps to restore default apps in Windows 8:
1. Go to Windows 8 Start Screen and launch Store.
2. Once Store opens, right-click in empty space and you'll get an option at top to access "Your Apps" as shown in following screenshot:
3. Click on it and it'll ask to sign in. Sign in using your Windows Live ID. It'll take a few moments and will show a screen containing list of built-in apps which have been uninstalled.
4. Just click on the apps which you want to restore and then click on "Install" button given at the bottom.
5. That's it. It'll take a few seconds and the selected apps will be installed again in your Windows.
Do you use those built-in apps in Windows 8? Which one is your favorite? Feel free to share your experience with Windows 8 Store in your comment...
NOTE: Windows 10 users need to check following tutorial to reinstall built-in apps:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Mavis Up Button: Add the Missing “Up” Button to Windows Vista and 7 Explorer Toolbar
- Vista Drive Status: Get Windows Vista and 7 Drive Status Bar in Windows XP Explorer
- Get Windows 8 “Win+X” Menu in Windows XP, Vista and 7 Using WinPlusX
- [Did You Know] Hidden Secret Way to Organize Favorites in Internet Explorer
- Download Free Office Mobile Apps for Windows 10
- How to Log Off, Restart or Shut Down in Windows 8 and Later?