How to Restore About:Config Warning Message (Confirmation Prompt) in Mozilla Firefox?
Almost all Firefox users are aware of the hidden command "about:config" which launches Firefox's secret configuration page. This configuration page contains 1000s of very useful but very advanced settings which can be tweaked to customize or enhance Firefox functionality and features.
We have posted many about:config tutorials in past which help you in enabling lots of hidden new features and enhance Firefox functionality. You can find many of them in following article:
Recently we received an email from an AskVG reader "Blue Bird" who asked us how to re-enable the warning box which is shown when you provide about:config command in Firefox addressbar.
Actually when you type about:config in Firefox URL bar and press Enter, it shows following confirmation prompt first:
It warns you that you are going to enter a very advanced settings page. The warning box contains a checkbox "Show this warning next time" which can be disabled to remove the warning permanently.
Now if you intentionally or accidentally unchecked the checkbox and now you want to re-enable the warning box, you can't do it because there is no option given in Firefox Options window to re-enable it.
Then what to do? How to enable the confirmation prompt again? Don't worry! Here is the solution. You can re-enable about:config warning using about:config itself.
Just follow these simple steps to re-enable about:config confirmation prompt:
1. Type about:config in Firefox addressbar and press Enter. Since you disabled the warning box, you'll directly enter configuration page.
2. Now type aboutconfig in Filter box. It'll show following boolean value in the list:
3. The above mentioned boolean value would be set to false.
Double-click on it or right-click on it and select Toggle option.
4. That's it. It'll re-enable the warning message and you'll get the confirmation prompt whenever you will try to launch about:config in Firefox.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Windows 7 Branding Changer: Small Utility to Customize Branding Logo in Windows 7 Login Screen
- [Fix] “One or More Network Protocols are Missing on This Computer” Error in Windows
- Disable Hardware Graphics Acceleration and Fix Blurred Font and Cursor Hanging Problems in Microsoft Office 2013
- Download Windows XP Luna, Royale Blue and Zune Themes for Windows 7
- Aomei Partition Assistant: Download Free Hard Disk Partition Manager Software for Windows
- vLite: Freeware to Create Unattended Setup Disc of Windows Vista, Slipstream Service Packs and Integrate Drivers